Affilliate Links help support the site
Akai have announced that the MPD32
pad controller is available for purchase.
MPD32 is Akai Professional's flagship pad controller for musicians and DJs. Using a USB cable to connect to a Mac or PC, MPD32 is perfect for hardware control of popular music programs such as Reason, Ableton Live and GarageBand. MPD32 is the only pad controller to feature Akai Proâ€™s MPC Note Repeat with swing and gate time parameters.
Akai tell us that the MPD32 is also the only controller that can also work as a master clock for MIDI sequencers. With the Tap Tempo function, musicians can control tempo in real time during performances. Sixteen velocity and pressure-sensitive genuine MPC pads provide the industry's finest feel and expression.
Assignable MIDI controllers include eight assignable faders, eight assignable switches, and eight assignable 360-degree knobs. Three selectable control banks extend the number of available faders, buttons and knobs to 24 each for a grand total of 72 controllers. Four pad banks equate to 64 total pads.
MPD32 also features transport controls for interfacing with DAW/sequencing applications like Sonar, Cubase and Logic. To summarise, Akai say thatMPD32 is a fully programmable controller and multifunctional control surface that fits perfectly within any production or performance environment.
Key features of the MPD32 include:
Pricing and Availability:
- MIDI-synced note-repeat with MPC swing
- Sixteen full-sized, genuine MPC pads with velocity and pressure-sensitive response
- Three banks of eight assignable switches, sliders and endless knobs for a total of 72 controllers
- Two assignable Foot Switches
- One assignable Foot Pedal controller
- Large, easy-to-read backlit LCD
- Thirty user-definable presets for use with software applications
- MMC/MIDI Start/Stop transport buttons
- Ableton Live Akai Edition software included
- BFD Lite software included
MPD32 is available for purchase now, with an MSRP of $499.00.