Our resident axeman Rob Chappers, takes a look at the latest stomp technology from Line 6.
The M9 is a programmable, digital modeling recreation of over 100 different effects pedals.
Arranged as three active pedals, each with an A and B slot which gives you access to 6 stomps per bank (with three active at any one time). You can store your setups in any one of 24 pedal board scenes for gig friendly recall.
Rob has a healthy scepticisism of digital - being an analog rock valve purist at heart, but this unit appears to have passed his stringent tests to find a place on his Christmas wishlist.
- Over 100 stompbox effects
- Run up to 3 effects simultaneously (with 3 more on deck)
- Dedicated knobs control each effect parameter
- Create up to 24 pedal board scenes. (It's like having 24 fully tricked-out pedal boards available at any time!)
- Universal tap tempo syncs all your time-based effects
- MIDI in/out
- 1/4" mono or stereo inputs
- 1/4" mono or stereo outputs
- Two 1/4" expression pedal jacks
- True Analog Bypass or DSP Bypass
- 28-second looper with dedicated footswitches (Record/Overdub, Play/Stop, Play Once, Undo/Redo, Half Speed, Reverse)
- Built-in chromatic tuner
- Heavy-duty all-metal chassis and footswitches
MSRP: $559.99, RRP £329
$399.99 at MusiciansFriend.com