Boss bring the Waza philosophy to tube amps (waza means art and technique - so sort of boutique) with the Waza Tube Amp Expander reactive load attenuator with cabinet models, built in effects and effects loop.
The idea is to be able to crank up your tube amp to get the full benefit of the Tube sound, but to soak up the power so you don't blow out the windows.
Useful for studio applications where you can get the full tone of a hardworking set of tubes, and also live where you can crank the amp, but keep the stage volume under control.
Waza Tube Amp Expander will be available in Spring at a price of $1299
More info: https://www.boss.info/global/products/waza_tube_amp_expander/
- First-of-its-kind tube amp command center, built with Waza expertise and the Tube Logic design approach
- Advanced variable reactive load circuit with discrete analog components supports tube amps up to 150 watts
- User-adjustable impedance tuning correctly matches the reactive load to your amp, retaining its natural tone, dynamic feel, and distortion characteristics
- 10 recallable rig settings for storing favorite setups
- Deep real-time performance control via GA-FC/FS-series footswitches and MIDI I/O
- Built-in 100-watt Class AB power amplifier with discrete analog design and seamless volume control
- Powerful DSP section with 32-bit AD/DA, 32-bit floating-point processing, and 96 kHz sampling rate
- Customizable stereo effects with premium tone quality: compressor, delay, reverb, and four EQs
- Twenty-one mic’d cabinet emulations with five selectable close-mic types and three room-mic options, plus four slots for loading user speaker IRs
- External effects loop with selectable series/parallel operation and control jack for switching amp channels
- Parallel speaker outputs for connecting up to two cabs for gigging
- Balanced XLR line outputs (mono and L/R stereo) for connecting to FOH console, stage monitors, and recording devices
- Headphones output for quiet practice with cranked-up amp tones
- Dedicated editor software (Mac/Windows)
- USB for direct audio recording and editor communication