Sinevibes has released Switch v3, a gate sequencer effect plugin for Mac and Windows. They say that, based on a high-precision step sequencer with polymetric and polyrhythmic abilities, this is a very simple yet very handy effect that has many applications on almost any kind of sound. Switch v3 is available in AAX, AU and VST3 formats. Here's more details direct from Sinevibes...
WHAT IS SWITCH v3?
Switch is a gate sequencer effect plugin. At its core foundation is a high-precision step sequencer that's running in sync with the host transport and driving a gate pattern – a series of on/off switches that define whether the input audio will be passed through (gate open) or will be
muted (gate closed). Switch has a total of 8 gate patterns with up to 32 steps each, and offers an extremely wide range of timing settings for creating polymetric or polyrhythmic motion in any time signature. A single gate pattern is active at a given time, however, all of the patterns can be edited on the fly, and the interface also offers multiple macro editing functions.
The sequencer algorithm has advanced swing support: not only the ratio can be smoothly adjusted in real time, with both positive and negative values, but it also keeps correct swing timing when the pattern length is an odd number. The gate itself has variable time and is shaped
using a two-pole low-pass filter for natural yet snappy transitions – not too far from an analog circuit. With all its simple tools combined, Switch allows for extremely quick creation of rhythmic audio level patterns: from classic trancegate and intricate tremolo effects, to beat chopping,
pulsating accents, complex staccato, and beyond.
SOUND ENGINE HIGHLIGHTS
- - Step sequencer with rhythmically correct swing, polymetric and polyrhythmic abilities
- - 8 gate patterns with macro function menu
- - Two-pole analog-style lag filter for variable gate transition smoothing
- - One-pole lag filters on all continuous parameters for smooth, click-free adjustment
- - Supports mono › mono, mono › stereo, and stereo › stereo channel configurations
USER INTERFACE FEATURES
- - Color-coded graphic elements
- - Consistent name, mapping, value, and unit implemented for all parameters in both graphic
- user interface and host control/automation
- - Sequencer pattern macro editing functions
- - Built-in preset management functions
- - Open preset format for experimental pattern tweaking and generation
- - Supports window size scaling up to 200%
Pricing and Availability:
Switch v3 is immediately available for $29. It works with macOS 10.9 or later (64-bit Intel and
Apple Silicon) and with Windows 8.1 or later (64-bit Intel), and is provided in 64-bit AAX , AU and
VST3 plugin formats. The new version is a free upgrade for Sinevibes users who own Strobe,
Switch or Switch v2.
New PCM 80/81 Editing via the Electra One MIDI Controller
Budget French synth clone
Hands-on demo of the Exquis and its MPE expressivity
Audio separation, tech and ethics