Bedroom Producers Blog has announced the launch of its latest freeware VST plugin, BPB Dirty VHS. They say that the plugin closely emulates the sound characteristics and various imperfections of VHS tapes and VCR video recorders. Here's the details direct from BPB...
We deeply analyzed the characteristics of five different VCRs and several used VHS tapes, ranging from units in perfect condition to those in desperate need of repair. BPB Dirty VHS closely simulates the behavior of the analyzed hardware, including pitch inconsistencies, volume dropouts, the signature non-linear frequency response, noise, and distortion.
Dirty VHS joins the acclaimed "Dirty" plugin series by Bedroom Producer Blog, following the success of BPB Dirty Filter, BPB Dirty Spring, and BPB Dirty LA. This plugin is a must-have for producers and sound designers seeking to infuse their tracks with the warm, nostalgic character of VHS tapes.
Key features of Dirty VHS:
- Mode Selection: Choose from eight unique VCR models, each imparting authentic tone, pitch, and noise characteristics.
- Pitch Modulation: Closely mimics the effect of VCR motor inconsistencies and tape condition on pitch.
- Tone Shaping: Carefully modeled after actual VCR hardware to shape the sound.
- Noise: Authentic VHS noise blendable with the original signal, complete with noise gate and filtering.
- Dirt Algorithm: Emulates the overload effect characteristic of VHS tapes.
- Tape Chorus: Simulates the chorusing effect of recording to dual VHS tapes, with options for stereo widening.
- Stereo Control: Adjusts the width of the chorus effect.
- Randomization: Fully randomize parameters for unexpected sonic discoveries.
- User-Friendly Interface: Freely resizable GUI with large controls and a simple layout.
- Presets: Comes with 20 built-in presets and the ability to create and save custom presets.
- Undo/Redo Functionality: For hassle-free sound design experiments.
- State-of-the-art DSP design
Audio Unit and VST3 for MacOS and Windows.
Pricing and Availability: