Following the announcement of Vienna Power House last week, GPU Audio, Vienna Symphonic Library, and Dear Reality have launched 'Make Your Sound 3D' - an Immersive Mixing competition offering over $7,000 in prizes. The competition opens today, and closes on the 15th of December. Here are the details...
The challenge is to create an Immersive Mix within Vienna Power House / MIR Pro 3D using the provided Stem Pack as a starting point; adding your own elements, instruments, and 3D production flair!
If you've never explored the world of Immersive Audio before, this is a perfect opportunity to get started. Vienna MIR Pro 3D allows you to place ANY sound source into a real-world 3D acoustic space - creating an incredible immersive mix, exactly as you want it. Five winners will be awarded Full Versions of Vienna Power House & MIR Pro 3D plus any chosen Room Pack, DearReality EXOVERB, DearReality dearVR MONITOR, as well as VSL's Vienna Suite Pro! Winners will be selected within the following categories:
- Most Creative Award
- Most Professional Award
- Most Experimental Award
- Most Potential Award
- Most Cinematic Award
The competition is open to anyone using Vienna Power House and MIR Pro 3D software to create their entry, which can be obtained as a free demo valid for 30 days. There are no requirements for an immersive setup, the mixing can be done entirely on headphones using DearReality's DearVR Monitor, which can also be downloaded as a free trial.
Entries are welcome in any genre (use as much or as little as you want from the Stem Pack) using any DAW, and on Apple or Windows systems (see tech specs for full details). For tips, links, and advice on setting up your immersive mix, as well as some exclusive live events, head over to the GPU Audio Discord - where a dedicated 'Make Your Sound 3D' channel has been created.
How to Enter:
Entries must be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org as an audio file with a description and shared link:
Audio File: 24-Bit Binaural Stereo WAV or AIFF file
Description: Describe your mix and process (200 words max)
Shared Link: Upload your track to Soundcloud or Youtube with hashtag #GPUVSL3DSound
The competition closes on December 15th, 2023 at 11:59pm PST. Go forth and Make Your Sound 3D, good luck!
Contest Rules & Guidelines
- Entries must be emailed with description, shared link, and audio file to email@example.com
- Audio files should be submitted as Stereo WAV or AIFF files
- Any compatible DAW can be used
- Entries in any genre will be accepted
- Submissions must be received by December 15th, 2023 at 11:59pm PST
- Use as much or as little as you want from the Stem Pack
- All winners will be chosen by GPU Audio and VSL and their decision is final
- Winners will be announced on December 20th, 2023
- No purchase necessary to enter or win
- Competition is open to anyone, in any part of the world
- Multiple entries limited to 3 per person
The Stem Pack
- The stem pack is an original composition by RATTLESNAKE feat MAIRI entitled 'Breathe'
- The stem pack can be obtained for free by logging in or signing up to gpu.audio and heading to the Downloads area
- The stem pack is provided for this competition only and must not be used in any commercial or unauthorised releases without the express written permission of the artists named above and GPU Audio
Big savings till Dec 1st
The new official emulation, endorsed by Oberheim
GALAXIAS Roland Cloud
Quirky Analog FPGA hybrid synthesizer