Following its earlier announcement of taking over manufacturing and sales of several of the iconic Hexinverter Électronique Eurorack modules in January of this year, Erica Synths has announced that the Hexinverter VCNO and Mindphaser Eurorack modules are now available. This is what they have to say about them...
Mindphaser is a next generation complex dual oscillator for the Eurorack modular synthesizer format. Its dual oscillator architecture builds on and advances principles developed decades ago, by pioneers of electronic music synthesis.
Mindphaser generates sounds through its dual VCO cores: the Carrier and Modulator, and in addition to these cores, a palette of intermodulation capability is offered through the Modulation Bus (ModBus) and a separate, supplementary through-zero phase modulation (TZ-PM) bus. The sound is further sculpted by a final set of tools contained in the Waveshaper, before reaching the final output.
VCNO is a noise oscillator, capable of producing full spectrum white noise and various random signals. But that's where its similarity to other noise generators stops. VCNO can be used like a VCO – you can modulate the pitch over CV and use its multiple outputs simultaneously, each with a distinct sonic character. As well, you can patch it into a VCA or use it to modulate and trigger other elements in your modular system.
- NOISE is the main LFSR output. With the pitch knob turned fully clockwise this will output pure white noise. As you turn the pitch down, the noise evolves into crunchy noise, reminiscent of vintage video game sounds
- GATE is a DC-coupled output. This is perfect for supplying random triggers in your system
- SCREECH features a dark, howling overtone to the main NOISE output
- SIZZLE features a related control, which takes the output from pure white noise when turned fully clockwise to a vinyl-like crackle when turned anti-clockwise
- TEAR sounds like the noise generator is broken and tearing itself apart
- All outputs work simultaneously and are simultaneously affected by the pitch knob or CV
- The frequency of VCNO can be modulated via CV – just patch any CV signal into this jack
- A clock signal input bypasses the internal frequency generator. You can apply a clock from a trigger sequencer to create a pseudorandom drum trigger pattern synced to the rest of your drums.
Pricing and Availability:
Hexinverter Mindphaser: €460
Yes, in standalone - eventually
Older Music Machines & the People Who Still Use Them
GForce Axxess and more