BOSS has introduced the NS-1X Noise Suppressor, which they say is the latest addition to the X series lineup of compact pedals powered by advanced Multi-Dimensional Processing (MDP) technology. A spokesperson told us, "The NS-1X intelligently silences noise without affecting the natural tone and playing feel of a guitar or bass. Speedy processing and versatile operation modes deliver superior performance for a wide range of scenarios, from gentle noise reduction for general stage and studio setups to ultra-fast gating for heavy rhythm styles and other techniques that rely on high-gain tones."
Here's more details direct from BOSS...
Background noise can be problematic with guitar and bass, particularly in high-gain setups. The proprietary MDP approach in the NS-1X delivers fast, transparent operation in every application, eliminating the unnatural attack and decay artifacts that can be introduced with standard noise suppression systems. High-speed digital technology analyzes the input signal on multiple levels in real time, enabling ultra-detailed processing that provides the optimum noise reduction for any playing style or performance venue.
The NS-1X features multiple operation modes to suit various setups:
Reduction--This mode provides gentle noise suppression and natural note decay with all pickup types, including low-output single coils.
Gate--Ideal for high-gain players, this mode immediately silences the sound when no signal is present. MDP provides a lightning-fast response that no other noise reduction pedal can deliver, ensuring a natural playing feel and punchy note attack for percussive djent riffs, sweep picking, and legato tapping techniques.
Mute--This mode turns the pedal's bypass setting into a convenient mute switch for changing instruments, tuning, and set breaks. The NS-1X will operate in either Reduction or Gate mode when the pedal switch is off, assignable using a simple power-up procedure.
The NS-1X offers intuitive operation with Threshold, Decay, and Damp knobs to fine-tune the performance of the selected mode. There's also a Reduction indicator that dynamically displays the current noise suppression status. Along with standard input and output connectors, the NS-1X features a send/return loop for enhanced performance with distortions, overdrives, and other noise-producing pedals.
Thanks to its advanced digital processing and wide frequency response, the NS-1X provides outstanding results with standard guitars and basses and extended-range instruments with additional strings. It's also an excellent noise suppression solution for keyboards and other types of electronic instruments.
- Next-generation noise suppressor and gate for guitar, bass, and other electronic musical instruments
- Intelligent BOSS MDP technology eliminates noise with no impact on playing feel or response
- Intuitive operation with Threshold, Decay, and Damp knobs
- Reduction mode for general noise suppression applications
- Gate mode provides ultra-fast noise elimination for tapping, sweep picking, and heavy rhythm styles that rely on high-gain tones
- Mute mode for silencing the instrument signal when the pedal switch is engaged (the pedal operates in user-selectable Reduction or Gate mode when the switch is off)
- Reduction indicator that dynamically displays the current noise suppression status
- Send/return loop for optimized noise elimination with overdrives, distortions, and other noise-producing pedals
- DC Out for distributing power to other pedals (requires optional PSA adaptor and PCS-20A parallel cable)
- BOSS five-year warranty
Pricing and Availability:
The new NS-1X Noise Suppressor is available now for purchase at authorized US BOSS retailers for $199.99
Zoom in and nerd out
Like a having your own synth museum
Mix transitions made simple, yet so nifty
And so much more