Luis Rivas has released Dawnbeat, a playable iOS app designed for beat- making, sample edit, play and sequence patterns. This is what he has to say about it...
Dawnbeat inherits the best part of the classic hardware samplers and takes it further by adding features only possible on a multi-touch device. Create more natural patterns by tapping and swiping pads.
Focus on creativity, you don't need to hit record before playing a pattern to get the right take. While you play and experiment, the Memorizer is always recording.
- Pads are multi-touch, play a single pad with two fingers at the same time. Re-trigger by dragging to get amazing fills with tone variations.
- There are 4 pads modes, monophonic, polyphonic, MIDI OUT, and Audio Unit instrument. Import a piano-like sample and play chords with the polyphonic mode. Use MIDI mode to sequence hardware drum machines and synths from Dawnbeat.
- There is a built-in mixer that includes 4 assignable BUSSES and one MAIN BUS. You can assign pads, internal effects and AUV3 effects to these busses.
- Dawnbeat is an Audio Units host, import your favorite plug-ins or play with the 12 built-in effects, Reverb, Delay, Compressor, Flutter, Gate, Tremolo, Noise, Filter, Chorus, Equalizer, Stutter and Tape Slow Motion.
- AutoSlicer detects hit points and slices audio into individual files minimizing the need for manual editing. Chop up any audio file in a few seconds.
- The app also includes sample libraries, variable recording sample rate, export audio and movies, advanced waveform edit and more.
Pricing and Availability:
Dawnbeat can be downloaded through the App Store. Download is FREE, and exclusive content can be unlocked with a single $9,99 In-App purchase.
Mix transitions made simple, yet so nifty
Simon Stokes shows us how
Versatile CV performance looper
80s inspired multi-fx pedal