K-Devices has released TATAT, a MIDI streams generator, as an AUv3 MIDI FX for iOS. This is what they have to say about it...
TATAT is a (unstable) MIDI notes generator: it's a creative tool to assist and help producers and musicians to generate new ideas, becoming a great starting point for writing melodies and beats, and a perfect controller for virtual instruments and hardware gears alike.
TATAT is designed to create always-changing sequences, to quickly sketch music ideas, to add unexpected events to fixed patterns.
Notes generation in TATAT is based on a multi-chance concept: user sets up for multiple rhythms, multiple notes, intervals, and other parameters value. Using dedicated multisliders the user can then adjust the chance a note and/or a time resolution are adopted on next trigger, creating complex streams of events. The generated notes are then processed by several operators: Velocity, Less, Delay, and Length.
TATAT produces then a stream of notes based on settings and probabilities: we call these settings "mood".
Once user got the right mood, he can do different actions:
- to enjoy the always changing stream of notes
- to enable "thru" to add the generative stream of notes on the top of a fixed MIDI clip/file or live MIDI input
- to inject stability by using LIV/MEM horizontal slider, to mix between the live generated stream and a frozen pattern
- Available as AUv3 MIDI FX plugin
- iOS 10.9 or later
- an AUv3 MIDI FX compatible host app like AUM, Logic Pro, Cubasis, Drambo etc
Pricing and Availability:
2,99 USD / 2,99 EUR until June 30 (regular price: 6,99 USD / 6,99 EUR)
The new machine and looper
Zen-Core engine, cloud hookup
With a mesmerising display
Small, short and sweet