Zynaptiq has announced the immediate availability of ORANGE VOCODER IV, which they describe as the zynaptified edition of the revered Prosoniq vocoder plug-in. Zynaptiq CEO, Denis Gökdag, told us, "We are incredibly proud to present what we believe to be the ultimate vocoder plug-in. With it's comprehensive and flexible feature-set, ORANGE VOCODER IV will inspire you for years to come!"
Here's the details direct from the company...
A massive upgrade to the classic, ORANGE VOCODER IV combines 24 high-tech vocoding algorithms, multi-algorithm pitch tuning effects, a powerful virtual analog synthesizer, flexible routing, and a fast and fun workflow with no-compromise sound quality, optimized for maximum presence, punch, and intelligibility.
A vocoder takes two input sounds, and combines their timbral qualities to create a new, hybrid sound. The most well-known example of a vocoder in action are singing/speaking synthesizers, a sound made famous by bands like Daft Punk and Kraftwerk, among many others.
With a sonic bandwidth ranging from warm & vintage to crystal-clear, laser-focused, butter-smooth and utterly, completely destroyed, ORANGE VOCODER IV is much more than just a vocoder, and excels at creating innovative vocal sounds, electric grooves, mutated
colorful instruments, frantic robots, mind-bending sci-fi SFX and haunting ambient drones for music production, sound design, and composition.
The key ORANGE VOCODER IV features at a glance:
• Vocoder plug-in with semi-modular architecture.
• Stereo vocoder module with 24 unique, high intelligibility vocoding algorithms, including
two zero-latency options modes, each with a distinct sonic character, formant shifting,
EQ, expansion, and HF Through and Unvoiced circuits.
• Powerful built-in synthesizer with FM, sync, ring modulation, polyphonic distortion, 9-
voice unison operation and an AI-powered preset generator.
• 5 automatic tuning effect algorithms available in parallel to the vocoder
• Audio freezing, reverb and chorus effects modules.
• Flexible, semi-modular routing, lightning-fast workflow, streamlined ergonomics and a
stunning look & feel.
Made for sound designers, music producers, film composers and mix engineers, ORANGE VOCODER IV supports all common sampling rates from 44.1kHz to 192kHz depending on available CPU resources, and runs as AAX Native, AU, VST 2.4 and VST 3. The plug-in
supports MacOS 10.15.x or newer, including Ventura, on Intel & Apple Silicon processors, and Windows 10 or newer.
What's new in ORANGE VOCODER IV? Here are some of the highlights:
• Greatly expanded vocoder section, featuring formant shifting, expansion, stereo
operation...and a total of 24 unique vocoding algorithms based on techniques
including analog modeling, speech modeling, independent component analysis, LPC
filtering, wavelet transforms, and more.
• Completely rewritten, high quality synthesizer section including Unison and Mono
Legato operation, thru-zero linear FM, comprehensive modulation options, a preset
generator, and more.
• New MIDI-controlled automatic tuning effects module featuring 5 modes, including
the brand-new zero-latency pitch enforcer, with grain morphing and
optionally polyphonic operation.
• New, multi-view UI with a super-streamlined workflow, including module sub-presets
and smart randomization.
• Supports AU, AAX Native, VST 2.4 and VST 3 on macOS, and AAX Native, VST 2.4
and VST 3 on Windows.
• Apple Silicon supported natively.
• Now uses PACE EDEN copy protection for machine or iLok 2/3 based authorization.
Pricing and Availability:
ORANGE VOCODER IV is available now from the Zynaptiq website and authorized resellers worldwide at a special introductory price of USD 149 / EUR 159*, valid from May 1st to 31st, 2023, after which the regular SRP will be USD 249/EUR 279*.
Users of any previous version can upgrade to ORANGE VOCODER IV at an upgrade price of USD 99/EUR 119*.
A free upgrade is available to users that have purchased the previous ORANGE VOCODER AU between now and the original announcement of ORANGE VOCODER IV in January, 2018.
ORANGE VOCODER IV is also available as part of the new ZAP III Bundle.
* All prices in EUR are quoted inclusive of 19% German VAT
White iLoud monitors and a new modelling guitar pedal
CV controlled mixing console and some distinctly dirty effects
7 Acts and the full night of fun
There's a LOT to get through...
Ensembles and solos - coming soon
Flexible and responsive polyphonic controller that you can hit with sticks