Apogee Electronics has announced the latest in its jam series of guitar interfaces: Jam X. Here's the details in their own words...
Building on the original jam interface from 2010, Jam X provides the easiest way to connect your guitar to a computer or iOS device for studio-quality sound. However, Jam X adds a new feature unmatched by competitors: an analog compressor built right in. Apogee's new Jam X interface allows guitarists to plug in and start creating immediately with studio-grade sound and tone-shaping compression. Guitar enthusiasts will experience their instrument in a whole new way through Jam X.
Built-in Analog Compressor
Jam X's built-in analog compressor introduces an all-new feature to the jam family. Choose from 3 presets that respond to how much you drive the input gain. By applying compression before your virtual amp sim, you'll find new life in your guitar tone. With Jam X, you'll have endless inspiration for developing your own tone.
Jam X's compressor lets you shape your clean tone. Responsive and musical, it adds sustain and balances your dynamics. Use it to fatten up single-coil pickups or tame humbuckers. With 3 modes--Smooth Leveler, Purple Squeeze, and Vintage Blue Stomp--you can go from subtle to extreme. However you choose to use it, Jam X's analog compressor will become essential to your tone.
Never Miss A Beat
Stay in the rhythmic pocket with Blend mode, allowing you to record with absolutely no vibe-killing latency (delay). To listen exclusively through your virtual amp software, turn off Blend with a click of a button.
Crank It Up
Whether recording your latest track or streaming music, Jam X dramatically improves audio playback. With high-resolution sample rates up to 96 kHz and ample headroom, Jam X delivers incredible clarity and volume to your headphones or powered speakers.
- Apogee's PureDIGITAL connection for pristine sound quality
- Works with guitar, bass, keyboards, synths, or any acoustic instrument with pickups
- Built-in Analog Compressor
- Includes 3 Presets
- Smooth Leveler (Low Amount of Compression)
- Purple Squeeze (Medium Amount of Compression)
- Vintage Blue Stomp (Aggressive Amount of Compression)
- 1/8" output connects to headphones or powered speakers
- 1/4" studio quality instrument input
- 24-bit/96kHz high-resolution audio
- Rugged metal body
- Blend Mode - Record with zero latency
- Extended 60-Day Trial of Tim Henson's Archetype Plugin from Neural DSP
- Ableton Live Lite
- Just plug in and play with any audio recording app
- Connect to Mac and Windows computers
- Compatible with the Apogee ASIO Driver for Windows
- Connect to iPad Pro with Type C port
Pricing and Availability:
Jam X is available for $199 Apogee dealers worldwide.
White iLoud monitors and a new modelling guitar pedal
CV controlled mixing console and some distinctly dirty effects
Virtual studio even more virtual
Maximus and Ample and more
New EP The Embrace out now
Cheap as chips too