Woodman's Immaculate Maple Syrup Studio has released WoodTroller v1.0, a brand new app/auv3 plugin. They tell us that WoodTroller is an MPE multi touch bar keyboard and midi macro controller. Here's the details in their own words...
The MPE touch bar supports multiple notes (on iPad) with individual pitch shift (horizontal movement), pressure and CC74 (vertical movement).
Number of notes visible, center note and pitch end values for MPE and non-MPE can be user set.
WoodTroller has 8 general purpose rotary controls :
- Each can send 6 different CC messages to different channels.
- Each of the 6 command values can be mapped differently to the full rotary range.
- So 1 rotary can control several parameters on the same or on different instruments.
- Rotary names, colour, unit, range can all be user set.
WoodTroller also has 8 general purpose on-off or push buttons :
- Each button can send up to 8 different midi commands (CC, PC, NoteOn, ...) to different channels.
- This allows to quickly switch multiple midi instruments or devices to another program or to other settings.
- Each midi command's data value can be auto incremented/decremented.
- All button names, colour, type can be user set.
All settings can be stored in presets in iCloud which yield automatic preset syncing between several WoodTrollers on different devices.
WoodTroller is available as stand-alone app and as AUv3 plugin, mainly meant for iPad but also runs on MacOS (single touch).
Pricing and Availability:
$11.99 at the app store.
White iLoud monitors and a new modelling guitar pedal
CV controlled mixing console and some distinctly dirty effects
Mix transitions made simple, yet so nifty
Virtual studio even more virtual
Cheap as chips too