Overloud claims that TAPEDESK is the first plug-in that replicates an entire analog mixing soundchain: from the console channel preamplifier into the tape machine, and then back again into the console channel and master bus.They say that that process adds a unique analog flavor which cannot be obtained with standard emulations because they do not replicate the interactions between the console and the tape machine. Here's more details in their own words...
Overloud TAPEDESK combines a Tape Machine and multiple Console models into a single plugin, to replicate the warm tones of an analog mixing workflow.
- Resizable graphic interface
- Simulation of 3 legendary analog consoles
- Simulation of a 2 inch 24-track tape machine
- Faithful interactions between the console and the tape machine
- Precise metering in any point of the sound chain
- Simulation of all transformers in the original units
- Very low CPU usage: all your tracks can have one
- Lots of presets designed in real mixing sessions
- Scribble Strips: take notes anywhere on the plugin panel
- Meter Calibration: calibrate the VU meters at 4 different sensibilities
Pricing and Availability:
Macro Controls and viewer questions
Massive sonic experience from Alexander Hacke
Topics, picks and questions