Erica Synths has announced that its SYNTRX II desktop synthesizer is now available. This is what they have to say about it...
Based on lessons learned from the SYNTRX, we decided to create an instrument that would integrate even deeper into contemporary electronic and experimental music setups and cover sonic territory from daunting drones to powerful basslines and glitched noisescapes - the SYNTRX II is a new dark horse for experimental sonic rides.
- Two perfectly stable main oscillators with CV-controlled waveforms
- Modulation oscillator with variable waveforms
- Highpass and Lowpass filters in series
- Free running or gate synced sample and hold circuit
- Multi-color noise generator
- DC coupled instrument inputs with signal inversion and envelope follower
- Ring modulator of unique design
- Looping trapezoid envelope generator and VCA
- Two output VCAs
- Signal meter with a dedicated audio/CV output
- FX section with great sounding Delay and Reverb developed in collaboration with 112db.com
- Recordable Joystick
- Analogue patch matrix with 3 attenuation levels in each patch point
- 254 patch memory
- Piano roll sequencer and two stepper modulation sources
- DIN5 MIDI Input and MIDI Thru
- Two assignable outputs
- Headphone output
The SYNTRX II is the culmination of our analogue sound design circuits – two perfectly stable main oscillators with waveshapers, a modulation oscillator with 1V/oct tracking, a versatile multimode filter, supercharged external instrument inputs with an envelope follower, a unique, great-sounding ring modulator, a recordable joystick, built-in piano roll sequencer and stepped modulation sources, all arranged around our signature matrix mixer and topped off with powerful FX on our new DSP platform.
Pricing and Availability:
Erica Synths SYNTRX II is priced at €1800 (VAT excl.) and $2,179 USD.
It truly is a bass synthesizer
Gaz Williams asks the quesions
Users weren't pleased, they respond
Top end studio monitors?