Sound Particles has released Air | Music Edition, a free plug-in that they describe as perfect to simulate the distance and depth of musical elements quickly and realistically in any mix. They say that it is a modernized and light take on the original Air plugin, with a UI and features that are tailored to anyone working in the music industry – from the beginner to the pro.
Nuno Fonseca, founder, and CEO of Sound Particles, told us, "We wanted to gift and thank our audience for their support, so we decided to offer a free version of Air for the music production industry. With a new design and just one button, now it's easier to achieve natural performance results in the studio."
• Brand new look - with this new version of the plugin, get an updated and spectacular new design and UI.
• Distance Attenuation - control the amount of additional attenuation you would get with different distances by controlling the variation of the audio gain.
• Natural results - Air is much more accurate than a simple low-pass filter, using scientifically measured frequency response values of air dampening.
• Frequency response - With Air | Music Edition, you can see the actual frequency response that is being applied to the music.
• World Units - do you prefer "meters" or "feet"? Full integration with Imperial and Metric units, for an easy and more welcoming workflow for everyone.
Pricing and Availability:
White iLoud monitors and a new modelling guitar pedal
CV controlled mixing console and some distinctly dirty effects
The new spectral oscillator
Zebra 2.9 + ZebraHZ and 4000 or so patches
Flexible and responsive polyphonic controller that you can hit with sticks
Jim takes a look