Moog Music has released plug-in versions of all seven of their Moogerfooger stompboxes. This is what they have to say about them...
Beginning with Bob Moog's first instrument designs in the early 1950s, Moog Music's storied legacy centers on the company's ability to develop and manufacture some of the world's best-sounding electronic musical instruments. Over the last seven decades, Moog's product catalog has spanned everything from DIY theremin kits and custom large-format modular systems to dynamic polysynths and compact Eurorack-able sound design machines. More recently, the company has brought back some of its most legendary instruments, such as the Model 10 modular system, and introduced professional music apps that have surpassed a million downloads.
This brings us to Moog's latest venture in reimagining some of its most influential analog instruments of the past for today's audio production workflow. Enter Moogerfooger Effects Plug-ins. Compatible with all major DAWs across Windows and macOS in AUv2, VST3, or AAX formats, this new software version of Moog's retired effects pedal collection used by guitarists and experimental artists ranging from Lou Reed to Thom Yorke, Kim Gordon, Daft Punk, and Thundercat makes the Moog sound now more accessible than ever.
Moogerfooger Effects Plug-ins are a re-invention of Moog's coveted analog effects pedals, bringing the legendary tone, musicality, and interconnectivity of the original hardware effects to your digital music production environment.
The complete collection of Moogerfooger Effects Plug-ins includes all seven reimagined Moogerfooger pedals in software form:
- MF-101S Lowpass Filter - the classic Moog ladder filter with an envelope follower for dynamic control
- MF-102S Ring Modulator - a wide-range carrier oscillator paired with an LFO for effects from soft tremolo through far-out clangorous ring modulation tones
- MF-103S 12-Stage Phaser - a descendant of the vibrant 1970s rack-mounted Moog phaser with an on-board LFO
- MF-104S Analog Delay - a rich, full-bodied delay and modulation circuit that has remained highly sought after to this day
- MF-105S MuRF - a groundbreaking effect combining a resonant filter bank with a pattern generator and skewing envelope for vibrant animation of an incoming sound
- MF-107S FreqBox - a box of gnarly synced VCO sounds with envelope and FM modulation
- MF-108S Cluster Flux - a flexible processor that can modulate between chorus, flanging, and vibrato
Pricing and Availability:
Moogerfooger Effects Plug-ins are now available to purchase for a limited-time introductory price of $149 USD (regularly $249)
Gaz Williams asks the quesions
Top end studio monitors?
Topics, picks and questions