Solid State Logic (SSL) has expanded its ORIGIN range with a new 16-channel variant. They say that, following the success of its larger 32-channel sibling, ORIGIN 16 has the same features, intelligent hybrid workflows and stunning SSL sound quality, all in a smaller footprint.
Nigel Beaumont, Managing Director of Solid State Logic, told us, "We are thrilled to extend the ORIGIN range, offering no-compromise SSL quality to an even broader range of professionals. For its size and footprint, we are confident there is no other analogue console on the market today that offers superior performance or value."
Here's more from SSL...
Ideal for project studios, music technology schools and colleges, as well as producer rooms or smaller record/mix facilities, ORIGIN 16 brings the dream of an SSL studio closer to a broader range of users who crave the legendary sound and advanced workflow of SSL. With its legendary sound and powerful features, ORIGIN 16 is the most comprehensive analogue console in its class and the ultimate solution for a hybrid, DAW-based workflows where console automation is not required. Sharing the same centre section as the bigger 32 channel variant, ORIGIN 16 draws on traditional in-line consoles for inspiration, while leveraging SSL's latest cutting-edge analogue design.
ORIGIN 16 key features:
- 16 mono in-line channels / 16 track busses / 8 stereo subgroups / total of 56 inputs at mixdown.
- Same master section and monitoring options as 32 channel ORIGIN.
- PureDrive™ mic pre inherits the clarity and purity of previous SSL Mic Pre designs, and can switch to a warm, harmonically rich and driven tone that varies with mic pre gain when the "Drive" function is activated.
- Mix bus and mix amp architecture delivers an amazingly low noise floor, huge headroom along with SSL's latest summing bus technology that retains the classic SSL sound while bringing the breadth and space to mixes.
- Acclaimed SSL E-Series '242 type' four band parametric channel EQ.
- Classic SSL Bus Compressor with sidechain access and HP filter.
- Balanced Insert Point per Large Fader and Small Fader Channel Paths.
- Dedicated Channel Direct Output make it easy to print mixes to the workstation.
- Modern circuit designs and unique power management tools deliver ultimate reliability and low running costs.
Pricing and Availability:
ORIGIN 16 is available now and priced at £29,999 + VAT / $39,999 + Tax.
Simon Stokes shows us how
Bitwig 5.1, Pigtronix Cosmosis
Part 1 on cloned synths, will they surpass the originals?
Versatile CV performance looper