Cherry Audio and MRB have announced the release of the Miniverse Module Collection, an expansion of the Miniverse virtual instrument into 14 flexible modules for use with the Voltage Modular platform. They say that it retains all the classic tone and mojo that made the original Mini great while freeing users of the fixed "hard-wired" limitations of the original. Poly module versions are also included for up to 16-note polyphony, giving users the ability to design the ultimate Mini of their dreams. Here's more details direct from Cherry Audio...
Designed specifically for Voltage Modular, these new modules extend the magic of Cherry Audio's Miniverse, recently awarded a rating of 5/5 stars from Computer Music Magazine and MusicRadar. MusicRadar also recently selected the Miniverse synthesizer as one of their "Must-Have Soft Synths for 2022."
Like Miniverse synthesizer and other Cherry Audio/MRB releases, the Miniverse Module Collection components have been expertly adapted to the modular workflow. Award-winning synth designer Mark Barton's (MRB) proprietary DSP coding reproduces every sonic nuance, every curve, and every response of the audio based on the original hardware. In addition, polyphonic module versions of the oscillator, mixer, filter, glide, contour, and VCA sections are included for up to 16-voice polyphony via poly jacks.
The 14 module Miniverse Module Collection includes:
- Miniverse Oscillator and Poly Miniverse Oscillator modules super accurately replicate the famously brawny sounds of the original Mini.
- Miniverse Filter and Poly Miniverse Filter are 24dB/oct, lowpass filters based on the famous transistor ladder filter.
- Miniverse Glide and Poly Miniverse Glide modules allows notes to slide smoothly from one pitch to the next and Mini's unique glide unique asymmetrical glide characteristics are accurately emulated.
- Miniverse Mixer and Poly Miniverse Mixer are four-channel mixers, usable with audio or CV signals.
- Miniverse Contour and Poly Miniverse Contour are ADS envelope generators used to dynamically shape note volume, filter cutoff, or any other voltage-controlled mod destination.
- Miniverse Noise faithfully replicates the Mini's noise section. It's not apparent from the front panel, but the original instrument actually contains white, pink, and red noise generators.
- Miniverse VCA and Poly Miniverse VCA replicate the unique mojo of the original Mini circuit. They are usable with audio or CV signals.
- Miniverse A-440 module replicates the Mini's unique tuning reference oscillator circuit.
The Miniverse Module Collection is available exclusively from the Cherry Audio store. At an introductory price of $39 (list $59), the complete Miniverse Module Collection for Voltage Modular is the latest must-have bundle for devotees of vintage analog synthesis. A 50% discount from the $39 price is available for customers who previously purchased the Miniverse instrument. A free seven-day demo of Miniverse Module Collection is available.
Single voice, old school in collaboration with Oberheim
And the George Formby grill
With Delta CEP A and friends
New Stereo features and FX algos