It was announced earlier in the week, but we made a b-line for it when we arrived, we spoke to Richard Nicol about the new companion for the East Beast launched just prior to Superbooth a couple of weeks back - busy schedule!
West Pest key features and other info:
- West coast style additive monophonic synthesizer
- Controllable via MIDI, CV, and integrated button keyboard
- Fully patchable - use West Pest's components as separate modules with external devices or reroute its internal patching. It's like having 8 individual modules (Oscillator, wave contour, dynamics controller, LFO, multi-mod tool, MIDI to CV converter, sequencer, and button keyboard).
- 32 step sequencer with up to 13 presets
- Generative sequencing mode
- Clock-synced arpeggiator
- Step sequencer can be manipulated & transposed via MIDI and the integrated button keyboard
- Pittsburgh Modular Synthesizer developed 100% analog oscillator
- Oscillator waveforms - sine, triangle, and saw - Waveforms can be combined
- Oscillator includes frequency modulation (FM)
- Pittsburgh Modular Synthesizer famous wave folder/shaper circuit - folds inputted waves back onto themselves to yield rich harmonic texture
- Pittsburgh Dynamics Controller - 100% modern circuitry designed to behave like a traditional filter, VCA, and envelope generator all at once.
- Dual range analog LFO with square and triangle wave outputs
- LFO Range - High: 2 Hz to 500 Hz Low: 41s to 5 Hz
- Digital multi-mod tool - modulation control via CV, random generator, and extra LFO and envelope generator
- Internal clock with tap tempo and can be clocked via an external source.
- Built-in clock divider
- Use standalone in its included case or removed to use as a eurorack format module
- Specifications for when used as a eurorack module
- Width when used as a module = 40hp
- Depth when used as a module = 25mm
- 213mA power draw when running +12V rail
- 151mA power draw when running -12V
- Input voltage range of oscillator = 0-10V
- Included in the box - 1x West Pest, 1x West Pest wall-wart power supply, 5x Amazing Nazca Noodles Patch Cables, 2x 3.5mm to 5 pin MIDI Din pigtails, and love (love's presence likely, but not guaranteed)
Pricing and Availability:
West Pest is imminently available with an estimated street price of $249.99 / €249.99
With Delta CEP A and friends
Self assembly too