Overloud has released Gem EQP, which they describe as the most realistic and accurate emulation of three iconic Passive EQ units, all in a single plugin. A spokesperson told us, "In addition to offering the most faithful emulation available today, it allows you to extend the original tone capabilities by adding features that are not available on the analog units."
Here's the details direct from Overloud...
- Emulations inspired by the Pultec EQP-1A, MEQ-5 and HLF 3C
- Integrated programmable Clipper for punchy tones
- Frequency response graphic display for full control of the unit
- Obsessively accurate recreation of the original harmonic generation, with Overloud's Harmonic Matching technique
- Resizable graphic interface
- Selectable high oversampling mode
- Internal operating level calibration
- Multilevel undo-redo
Three Units in One Plugin
Low & High Unit
The Low & High unit is the most well-known hardware EQ. It features two bands with individual boost and attenuation parameters as well as an additional treble attenuation control. The attenuation parameter is centered on a different frequency than the boost, allowing you to create dips after the boosted frequency. This creates deep basses with a very in-focus and smooth top-end.
The MID unit offers two boosting bands and one attenuation band. The original circuit is fully passive and has two transformers: one at the input and one at the output that adds harmonics to the transients. In addition to its unique frequency response, the MID module delivers a super-musical coloration to your tracks.
High & Low Cut Unit
Another fully passive circuit allows you to select the bandwidth in a musical way.
Beyond The Original Hardware
EQP extends the original hardware features and combines the flexibility of the digital world with the character of analog processing in the following features:
- A built-in programmable clipper that allows you to enhance the transients and add punch to the recordings.
- An EQ display for monitoring the real frequency response of each EQ module or of the whole unit.
- The unit calibration feature that changes the character of harmonic generation.
Pushing Emulation to a New Level
EQP emulates the most desired EQ modules in the history of recording and mixing. Their warm, fat, and rich sound, with an incredibly detailed midrange, still excite even the most experienced engineers who mix with it.
The original tone shaping circuits are based on passive design, which gives them a unique tonal character. However, to compensate for the loss of level of the passive circuit, the hardware units are equipped with an input transformer and an output tube amplifier, which creates very musical harmonics as well as a deep and warm bass sensation.
This is where most of the digital emulations fail. The EQP uses Overloud's unique Harmonic Matching technology to recreate the original "coloration" in a way that has never been possible before.
Pricing and Availability:
On offer at €69.00 Incl. VAT (Regular price: €129.00)
Chat, background and sounds
Users weren't pleased, they respond
Topics, picks and questions
Music Stats for nerds