Behringer has revealed the 2-XM, described as a classic polyphonic analog synthesizer with 4 VCOs, 2 Multi-Mode VCFs, 2 LFOs and 4 Envelopes in Eurorack Format. A spokesperson said, "The product is fully developed and once we receive the semiconductor chips, the 2-XM is on the way to you."
Suggested Price: $299.
What's under the hood?
- Authentic reproduction of SEM 2-Voice circuitry from the '70s
- Pure analog signal path based on authentic VCO, VCF and VCA designs
- 2 independent voices for polyphonic, split or 4 oscillator unison sounds
- 2 variable oscillator shapes with adjustable pulse width for inspiring sounds
- Oscillator sync for piercing lead sounds and complex effects
- 2 legendary multi-mode filters with low-pass, high-pass, band-pass and notch modes
- 2 dedicated and fully analog LFOs with triangle and square waveforms
- 4 analog envelope generators for extensive control of filters and amplifiers
- Noise generator dramatically expands waveform generation
- Extensive modulation capabilities, including internal and external sources
- 2-channel mixer section featuring level and pan controls for intense stereo sounds
- Portamento function applicable to both voices for great pitch gliding effects
- 2 external audio inputs for processing external sound sources
- Dedicated audio outputs plus a combined stereo output for maximum flexibility
- Massive amount of CV and GATE In/Outs for extreme creativity
- 16-voice Poly Chain allows combining multiple synthesizers for up to 32 voice polyphony
- Complete Eurorack solution – main module can be transferred to a standard Eurorack case
- 64 controls to give you direct and real-time access to all important parameters
- MIDI and USB implementation with MIDI channel and Voice Priority selection
Top end studio monitors?
Lemur and touch
Its been a while..