Minimal Audio has released Rift 2.0, which they describe as their most significant update yet. They tell us that Rift now includes flexible multi-band effects, allowing you to send any combination of distortion feedback, and filters through the multi-band crossover. They say that they've listened to users' feedback and updated Rift's UI to include beautiful dark and light mode skins -- allowing users to switch between seamlessly. Here's more details in the company's own words...
Rift is the next evolution of distortion with groundbreaking effects, endless modulation, and an all-around musical mindset. Immediately start creating with a huge preset library and intuitive Play View. Quickly build sophisticated movements with our powerful modulation system.
At Rift's core is a unique multipolar distortion engine with 30 custom algorithms spanning both classic and never before heard processors. These effects are blended in the novel waveform engine, giving you precise control over how the two algorithms are combined and clear visual feedback over what is happening. Expand your sounds even further with a flexible feedback processor, custom morphing filters, and our curve modulation system
Rift 2.0 Updates:
• Flexible Multi-Band Effects: Send any combination of distortion, feedback, and filtering through the multi-band crossover to keep the effect exactly where you want.
• Dark & Light Mode: Rift's interface can now switch between a beautiful new Dark Mode and a refined Light Mode.
• Major CPU optimizations
• Multipolar Distortion Engine, 30 Custom Algorithms
• Pre/Post Distortion Morph Filtering with 24 Custom Stereo Filter Types
• Physical Modeling Feedback & Delay Effects
• Powerful Curve Sequencing For Complex Modulation
• Flexible Multi-Band Effects Routing
• Midi Tracking for Feedback and Filter
• 400+ Presets
Formats: 64 bit AU, VST, VST3, and AAX
Works on: macOS 10.9 or higher, Windows 10
Pricing and Availability:
$79 Launch Sale, $129 Full Price (Free Upgrade for Rift Users)
White iLoud monitors and a new modelling guitar pedal
CV controlled mixing console and some distinctly dirty effects
Good news - pro Apps, bad news - subscriptions
All the fun of the fayre
Audio interface too
Zebra 2.9 + ZebraHZ and 4000 or so patches