Dove Audio tells us that their D502 Multimode filter is based on the SSI2140 VCF chip. They say that this chip has a unique stucture and gives it a different sound to most 4 pole filters. This is what Dove Audio has to say about the new module...
You are able to select which of the 4 poles is fed to the output, giving you instant access to 4pole low pass, 3 pole low pass, 2 pole low pass and 1 pole low pass at the flick of a switch!
However it doesn't stop there, you are able to make the first two poles into high pass poles, allowing all kinds of interesting filter topologies, for example you can easily get the following filter modes.
- 1 pole low pass
- 2 pole low pass
- 3 pole low pass
- 4 pole low pass
- 1 pole high pass + 1 pole low pass (1 pole bandpass)
- 1 pole high pass + 3 pole low pass
- 1 pole high pass + 2 pole low pass
- 2 pole high pass + 1 pole low pass
- 2 pole high pass + 2 pole low pass (2 pole bandpass)
- 2 pole high pass
- 1 pole low pass with special resoance drive
- 1 pole high pass with special resoance drive + 1 pole low pass (1 pole bandpass with a gnarly sound)
Needs a doctom style 6 pin power connector.
Currently available only in the dotcom/MU format.
Pricing and Availability:
a look at the new virtual modular system
New mini Hydrasynth and Soma Cosmos pairing
Tech, music and whatnot
Browser tech, Wifi woes