U-he has announced an update bringing native support for Apple Silicon hardware. They say that this will massively improve performance on the latest generation of Macintosh computers. They have also optimized GUI speed and added lots of tweaks and improvements to our plugins on all platforms. Here's the details u-he's own words...
We saw Apple's switch to their own CPU architecture as a welcome opportunity to up our game and 'go native', so to speak. After several months of hard work, we have new plug-in versions, all refactored to offer a massive performance boost on recent Macs with Apple Silicon CPUs, especially if your host application has also gone M1-native. This means more instances of your favourite u-he plug-ins!
Users of other computer systems are not left out in the cold: We improved multicore support for Intel-based Macs, and the GUI response is generally smoother on all Mac models. Windows and Linux users also benefit from the following:
- Native support for Apple Silicon
- Improved browsers, easy drag & drop soundset installation
- New resource management in Hive - most presets will use even less CPU
- Support for MTS, a new project-wide microtuning standard
- New designs for Triple Cheese (freeware) and ZebraCM (magware)
- Better overall performance for all plug-ins on all platforms
Pricing and Availability:
Free update for existing owners
Felt Mountain anniversary tour
A detailed look at the new Wavetable synth
To Thorsten Quaeschning