Nektar Technology, Inc. tells us that the new Impact GX Mini is a great solution for mobile music production. A spokesperson said, "Despite its minuscule size, this USB MIDI controller offers all essential features and then some: 25 velocity-sensitive mini-keys, a joystick for modulation control, footswitch socket and Nektar DAW control for most popular DAWs. The unique 'Part 2' feature adds creative real-time performance options."
Here's the details direct from Nektar...
Impact GX Mini is the portable version of Nektar's top-selling Impact GX range of USB MIDI controllers and fits their considerable control power into backpack-size: The newly designed keybed has 25 velocity-sensitive mini-keys and delivers a defined and expressive playing feel.
Three different velocity curves allow for adjusting the keyboard's response for different playing styles. The centered joystick controls pitch-bend in the horizontal axis and has a freely MIDIassignable y-axis, with the upwards direction pre-assigned to modulation amount, the downwards direction to expression. Also included is a footswitch socket, enabling the connection of a sustain pedal – again the MIDI-message can be assigned to other functions.
Part Two is Nektar's unique performance feature for momentary setup changes at the touch of one button: Pressing one of the dedicated Part 2 buttons, GX Mini can transpose the keyboard up or down, switch to another MIDI-channel or layer a second sound on top. Once you let go of the
button, GX Mini reverts back to the initial configuration. Part Two extends Impact GX Mini's reach quite literally beyond its minuscule size.
Impact GX Mini is compatible with any MIDI music software on Mac OS, Windows, iOs (requires optional Apple camera kit) or Linux (with a MIDI extension). With the included custom Nektar DAW Integration for most popular DAWs, the workflow is enhanced significantly with pre-mapped extended transport control and project navigation. This includes track selection, setting and navigating to locators and open/close of DAW or plugin windows. Nektar DAW Integration turns the Impact GX Mini into a powerful and intuitive control center, allowing DAW users to record and perform without always having to reach for the mouse.
Bundled Bitwig 8-Track software license turns Impact GX Mini into a complete and very affordable entry-level solution. It gets users going right away with its over 50 software instruments and effects and the 'Bitwig Essentials' content package, featuring hand-picked loops and samples.
FEATURES AND SPECIFICATIONS
IMPACT GX Mini
• 25 velocity-sensitive mini keys
• 3 velocity curves (standard, soft, hard)
• Joystick for pitch bend and 2 modulation controls (MIDI assignable)
• 1/8" inch jack for footswitch (adapter to 1/4" jack included)
• Octave up/down buttons with LED indicators
• Part 2 up/down buttons with LED indicators: Assignable to momentary octave shift, transpose, layering MIDI notes and switching MIDI channel
• 7 transport buttons for DAW integration or MIDI assignable
• Shift button activates secondary level for a total of 14 accessible button functions
• Nektar DAW integration support
• works with any MIDI music software on Windows, OS X and iOS*
• USB class compliant and USB powered (no driver required)
• Dimensions & Weight: 39 cm (L) x 11,5 cm (D) x 3,2 cm (H), 0,49 kgs
(*= requires optional Apple camera connection kit. Not included.)
Nektar DAW Integration for GX Mini currently supports:
Ableton Live, Bitwig, Cakewalk, Cubase, Digital Performer, FL Studio, Garageband, Logic, Nuendo, Reaper, Reason, Studio One. Also includes template setup for Pro Tools.
• USB class compliant (no driver needed)
• Windows XP, Vista, 7, 8, 10 or higher. Mac OS X 10.5 or higher
• Linux (Ubuntu).
• Apple iOS (camera connection kit required)
• Nektar DAW Integration: Windows Vista, 7, 8, 10 or higher. Mac OS X 10.7 or higher.
Pricing and Availability:
The new Impact GX Mini is available at resellers worldwide from August 2021.
$69.99 USD / €69.99 EUR / £59.99 GBP
Topics, picks and questions
Its been a while..
Users weren't pleased, they respond
Paulee and the tiny Zen Core synth