Sinevibes has announced the release of Corrosion v2, the successor to its multi algorithm distortion processor. They say that this new version is a highly versatile effect that brings an all-new DSP engine with a total of 15 different distortion curves, a built-in noise gate, and all the goodies you have come to expect from our latest plugins - such as the addition of the VST3 format, scalable UI, and a built-in preset manager. Here's the details direct from Sinevibes...
WHAT IS CORROSION
Corrosion is a multi-algorithm distortion effect plugin for Mac. It is based on a DSP engine built with 4x oversampling, which uses analog-style anti-aliasing filters for an unusually smooth but robust sound character. Corrosion includes a wide selection of different distortion algorithms, from classic clippers and folders to very unique curves invented at Sinevibes. Distortion gain can go up to 24 dB and has a tilt control for natural stereo width effects, plus the plugin also features an exponential gate which can be used for both for noise reduction on analog recordings - as well as more creatively to "chop" audio. With its special ability to adjust the upsampling filter's cutoff frequency and mix in the dry input signal processed via a steep high-pass filter, Corrosion delivers a huge variety of sophisticated distortion effects, from subtle boosting and drive all the way to dramatic waveform bending, warping and destruction - and it does so via extremely simple controls.
WHAT'S NEW IN VERSION 2
- Newly designed user interface with size scaling up to 200%
- Added VST3 plugin format
- Added built-in preset manager
- Redesigned DSP chain with built-in noise gate, simultaneous cutoff frequency control for the upsampling filter and crossover high-pass filter
- Added new distortion algorithms: parabolic, sine clip, sine bend, symmetric warp (for a total of 15)
- Increased maximum input gain level from 18 to 24 dB
- New oversampling engine with a smoother sound
- New stereo tilt control for distortion gain
- New -48 dB/octave state-variable high-pass filter for crossover signal mix-in - Thorough state initialization when receiving the reset() call from the host - Natural parameter mapping (quadratic or cubic) on more controls - Support for any buffer size requested by the plugin host
- Consistent name, mapping, value, and unit implemented for all parameters in both graphic user interface and host control/automation
- All-new presets
Pricing and Availability:
Corrosion v2 is immediately available for $39. It works for macOS 10.9 or later, and comes in AU and VST formats. Customers who own the previous version of Corrosion are also eligible for $10 upgrade pricing.
Animoog Z, Spitfire The Stack, Black Friday Deals
Mini Hydrasynth with Poly AT
We got a look at it in action