Sinevibes has announced the release of Whirl v2 barber-pole phaser effect plugin for Mac. They say that this new generation brings AU and VST3 formats, user interface size scaling up to 200%, as well as built-in preset management functions. The DSP engine has also been thoroughly reconfigured to offer a much more flexible and deep-sounding effect. Here's more direct from Sinevibes...
WHAT IS WHIRL?
Whirl is a barber-pole phaser. It is based on a Bode frequency shifter model with a feedback line, an algorithm which creates unique spectrum peaks and notches that move upwards or downwards in a seemingly endless fashion – with one spectrum sweep smoothly morphing into the next one, like an audible illusion. Whirl features up to three fully synchronized barber-pole phaser stages: this allows you to control how gentle or dramatic the effect is. At its most extreme settings, Whirl is capable of deeply resonant filtering: it almost individually suppresses and accentuates different frequency harmonics. By design, the spectrum sweep frequency is bipolar - and can go from downwards to upwards motion and back completely seamlessly.
NEW IN VERSION 2
• Newly designed user interface with size scaling up to 200%
• Added VST3 plugin format
• Added built-in preset manager
• DSP engine is now focused entirely on the Bode barber-pole phaser model: with up to three sequential synchronized phaser stages for much more extreme spectrum peaks and notches
• Increased math precision in the main DSP blocks to 64-bit
• More thorough state initialization when receiving reset() call from the host
• More natural parameter mapping on Frequency, Stereo, Output controls
• Support for any buffer size requested by the plugin host
• Consistent name, mapping, value, and unit implemented for all parameters in both graphic user interface and host control/automation
• All-new presets
- Mac computer running macOS 10.9 or later, with either Intel or Apple processor
- Host application with support for AU or VST3 effect plugins in 64-bit format
Pricing and Availability:
Whirl v2 is immediately available for $29. Also, this is a completely free upgrade for customers who already own the previous version of Whirl.
Deep look at the new generation interface
Desktop polyphonic MIDI and CV/Gate
Artist, Producer, Remixer and Performer