SONICBITS tells us that Silk is a virtual analogue synthesizer plugin dedicated to a single waveform: The sawtooth. This is how they describe it...
The sawtooth is among the most used and common waveforms to create sounds with subtractive analog and virtual analog synthesis.
Silk has got two sawtooth oscillators which each generate an unison sound of 7 combined voices.
These parts in this "multisaw" can be detuned and blended in, leading to a very rich airy and bright sound with lots of interesting harmonics.
An additional noise oscillator can add some dirt.
These oscillators build the sonic heart of Silk. This sound is then shaped by the filter. In addition to the classic low, high and bandpass filters often used in subtractive synthesis, Silk has also got a formant filter which produces voice-like sounds.
Combined with a flexible modulation matrix, a creamy chorus, stereo delay and reverb effect, Silk has got sounds that can be used in all types of electronic music.
Silk is available as a 64 bit instrument plugin for Windows and Mac.
- 2 aliasing free multisaw oscillators
- 1 noise oscillator
- Resonant filter with 6, 12, 18 and 24db/oct lowpass, 12 dB/oct highpass and bandpass
- Formant filter with predefined settings for vowels
- 2 modulation ADSR envelopes
- 2 LFOs syncable to host
- Flexible mod matrix with 8 slots
- Effect section with 2-stage chorus, stereo delay and reverb
- 16 voice polyphony
- Over 70 ready to play presets organized in categories
- Resizable vector-based UI
- Runs on Windows (VST2 and VST3) and Mac (AU, VST 2 and VST3), 64 bit only
Pricing and Availability:
Desktop polyphonic MIDI and CV/Gate
Deep look at the new generation interface
Artist, Producer, Remixer and Performer