UrsaDSP tells us that they have upgraded their upwards limiter, Boost. They tell us that they have added a mid/side mode, stereo linking, oversampling and more. Here's the details in their own words...
Boost is an upward limiter that creates no clipping and makes no compromises. Revision B, the second version of the plugin, adds mid/side mode, parallel compression, stereo linking, true peak detection and oversampling.
Most plugin compressors emulate an analog detection path used 60 years ago. Boost's Trajectory Technology takes full advantage of modern DSP to leave the highest transients undistorted – no matter how far you push the plugin. With its unique Focus control, Boost brings the quieter parts of an audio signal up, never overshooting the peaks and remaining transparent. To introduce character, use the Drive and Emphasis controls, and set the Release timing to your taste.
• NEW: Boost stereo image in mid/side mode
• NEW: Stereo Link 0-100%
• NEW: Oversampling
• NEW: True Peak detection mode
• Reveal hidden details using the Focus knob • No clipping, ever – not even True Peak
• Always in Lookahead mode up to 40ms
• Apply Drive and Emphasis to add character • Preserve reverb tails with Max Gain control
• NEW: Parallel compression with Dry/Wet
Pricing and Availability:
Boost Rev B is available now as a free update for existing Boost owners, or for £79.99 from distribution partners Devious Machines. A 14-day free trial is available.
Deep look at the new generation interface
Artist, Producer, Remixer and Performer
Desktop polyphonic MIDI and CV/Gate