Hit'n'Mix Ltd, the company responsible for the Hit'n'Mix Infinity DeepAudio editor, has announced a major update, in addition to its new RipX audio platform. Martin Dawe, Hit'n'Mix CEO and the creator of RipX: DeepAudio told us, "Professionals need access to unprecedented levels of audio detail and manipulation. If you find existing tools overly complex and difficult to make the most of, the RipX Future Audio Platform may be your ideal solution. Uniquely working with Rips rather than waveforms, it becomes possible to edit sounds as the objects you hear, making complex editing tasks a breeze. RipX is the result of our vision to provide the most cutting-edge audio platform available. It's the first of its kind to offer next-generation true source separation, and is up to 10x faster than Infinity 4.7. It should be more appealing than ever to professionals looking for a super-fast, ultra-powerful workflow. After painstakingly examining every element and process and improving upon them, we feel confident that we've developed a future audio platform for the next generation."
Here's the story in the company's own words...
RipX: DeepAudio is a free update for all existing Hit'n'Mix Infinity users, featuring dramatically improved audio separation, a faster and smoother workflow, in addition to new effects and automatic processing capabilities.
Hit'n'Mix invented the revolutionary Rip audio format, a way of storing pure audio as note and unpitched sound objects, which can be edited with considerable ease and flexibility compared to traditional waveform-based formats. The new RipX platform has been developed to take advantage of the Rip format, and allows for modules such as DeepAudio and DeepRemix to be seamlessly integrated into one application.
Whether you are a professional audio post production editor, mix or mastering engineer, sound designer, music producer, remixer, student or educator, DeepAudio allows you to quickly and easily edit the core components of audio - notes, harmonics, frequencies and amplitudes.
DeepAudio uses AI isolation algorithms and a deep-ripping process to automatically deconstruct any audio file - a process that would normally require a team of studio engineers and dedicated equipment. Dive deep into your audio files and choose whether to fix, clean-up or replace vocals, dialog, instruments, notes, sounds or noise.
For noise clean-up, pitch correction, sound design, mix-fixing and more, the DeepAudio module includes the powerful Audioshop (with tools such as Unpitched Editor, Harmonic Editor, Clone, Draw Audio, Draw Pitch), RipScripts (for creating your own tools), VST/ARA and AAX plug-ins for just $250/£220/€254 until end of May.
For those needing more affordable industry-leading source separation, sampling and song creation, the DeepRemix module can be purchased individually at the launch sale price of $69/£55/€59 until the end of May.
What's new in RipX?
- Uniquely fuses AI machine learning with algorithmic separation technology - accurately separate voice, drums, bass, other instruments and any sound like never before, down to the note, harmonic and noise level. Bass drums, other drums and percussion now editable as individual sounds. Vocal sibilants selectable and editable alongside the vocal notes.
- Ripping speed up to 10 x faster and greatly improved instrument recognition - speeds up audio transfer and DAW integration. New Ripping Speed/Accuracy slider allows users to customize ripping options based on requirements and machine power.
- DeepAudio and DeepRemix modules available and tailor-made for most audio editing tasks - from professional music production, sound design, mix-fixing, noise clean-up and dialog editing, to true audio source separation, stem creation and song composition using most audio and video file formats (video macOS only).
- Pitch To Scale natural pitch correction - a new Effect which can be applied to a selection of notes to correct the pitch of performances, or via Set Musical Scale to automatically re-pitch to fit the scale in real-time.
- Improved Stems import/export options - new quick and easy Save Stems Only Ripper option creates individual Vocals, Bass, Drums and Other WAV stems. Export as Native Instrument's Stems file format or other formats with layers grouped into stems.
- Improved Layers Panel - each layer now comes with stereo panning, Low, Mid and High EQ.
- Live-edit and create Ripples during looped playback - experiment with effects, pitch changes, time-stretching and more in real-time.
- New Live Effects - Reverse, High/Low Pass Filters, Delay and Randomize effects added. Each effect's strength can also now be controlled using a slider. Randomize updates chosen effects automatically during looped playback for quick inspiration.
- Drag & drop your own background images to view behind notes - to help set the right mood or create your own visual inspiration or vibe during creative moments.
- VST3/ARA and Pro Tools RipLink plug-ins included - for improved integration and super-fast transfer with most leading DAWs.
- Note Editor improved and re-named to Harmonic Editor - select, copy and paste regions, easier access to tools and smoother workflow.
- Many significant and intuitive UI, editing, playback, workflow, rendering and audio processing advancements.
- macOS 10.10+ / Windows 7/8/10 (64-bit)
- Minimum: 2 Core 2.5GHz CPU, 8 GB RAM
- Recommended: 4+ Core CPU, 16+ GB RAM
- 15GB Free disc space minimum requirement.
- Windows Optional: NVIDIA GeForce 1070/1080/1080 Ti/2070/2080/2080 Ti/3070/3080/3090 with 16 GB RAM and NVIDIA CUDA Toolkit 11.0 installed (free download)
Pricing and Availability:
RipX: DeepAudio is a free update for existing Hit'n'Mix Infinity owners.
See website for all other pricings.
Pre Sunroof gig at Superbooth
Oh and NAMM too
New subscription model launches
Syntakt, Stuber Cherry Audio listening tests