Sinevibes has announced the release of Dipole v2 through-zero flanger effect for Mac. They tell us that it's the fifth product in the company's all-new plugin lineup, delivering many highly-requested features: availability of AU and VST3 formats, user interface size scaling up to 200%, as well as built-in functions for saving, recalling and quickly switching presets. Here's a description direct from Sinevibes...
Dipole is a through-zero flanger. It employs two delay lines with dual-mode feedback, and one of the delays is able to run earlier or later in time in relation to another. As this time difference passes through the zero point, a very special sound transition occurs: with positive feedback, Dipole produces that coveted spectral "swoosh" effect of a jet plane fly- by – and with negative feedback the output signal warps and eventually cancels itself out. In the old days of audio production, such effects were created manually using two parallel tape machines - but now Dipole recreates that charismatic flanging, chorusing and psychedelic stereo widening with much higher fidelity and ease of use. The plugin offers both manual control of the zero point as well as modulation via its built-in multi- waveform generator.
WHAT'S NEW IN VERSION 2
- Newly designed user interface with size scaling up to 200%
- Added VST3 plugin format
- Added built-in preset manager
- Support for any buffer size requested by the plugin host
- Added new parabolic modulation waveform
- Increased Feedback control range to -100..+100%
- Added low-cut filter in the feedback loop to avoid excessive low-end build-up
- Added feedback loop self-leveling to avoid the signal level blowing up with certain
extreme Feedback and Zero value combinations
- More thorough state initialization when receding the reset() call from the host
- More natural parameter mapping on Frequency, Stereo, Output, Mix controls
- Added all-new presets + reworked collection of all old presets
- Mac computer running macOS 10.9 or later, with either Intel or Apple processor
- Host application with support for AU or VST3 effect plugins in 64-bit format
Pricing and Availability:
Dipole v2 is immediately available for $29. Also, this is a completely free upgrade for customers who already own the previous version of Dipole.
And a host of other features too
Melbourne Instruments launch
New subscription model launches