Softube tells us that their Model 84 Polyphonic Synthesizer is a careful model of the six-voice synth that sparked the sound of the '80s and set the standard for all that followed. A spokesperson said, "Faithfully emulated through circuit-modeling on a component level, every trick and trait of the original hardware is now available in software form with added features and flexibility."
Here's more, direct from the company...
Expertly recreated factory presets quickly and easily deliver the sounds heard on numerous number-one hits--from '80s classics to the current Synthwave revival. Authentically modeled mod- and pitch-wheel assignments, filter tracking, and proper voice allocation ensure Model 84 delivers the true-to-the-original sound and spot-on behavior of the storied 1980s hitmaker.
Contemporary artist presets and added features, like extended unison mode, velocity and aftertouch support, and an expanded control panel, make Model 84 glow in a modern workflow. Highly versatile, it's an instrument that can be used in the studio or on the stage. Elevating '80s mojo in the digital domain, Model 84 Polyphonic Synthesizer is compatible with Softube's official Eurorack platform, Modular, and its pro audio guitar and bass platform, Amp Room.
In 1984, a polyphonic synthesizer came on the scene and went on to shape countless records by innumerable artists. Now it's time to discover what it can do in the DAW with the most excellent Model 84 Polyphonic Synthesizer from Softube. The retro-future is here.
- The authentic sound of the 1980s in plug-in and module form
- Component-modeled to perfection, with all the quirks and non-linearities of the pristine 1984 model intact – sounds and behaves just like the original '80s hardware
- Original tricks and traits, like the meticulously modeled unison phase and fast and easy factory presets
- Three versions included: Model 84 Instrument, Model 84 Chorus module for Softube Amp Room, and seven Model 84 modules for Softube Modular
- Software-exclusive features such as artist presets, increased velocity and aftertouch support, extended unison mode, and an expanded control panel
Pricing and Availability:
Desktop polyphonic MIDI and CV/Gate
Artist, Producer, Remixer and Performer
Deep look at the new generation interface