Steinberg has released The Guitar Recording Kit, in collaboration with Line 6. They tell us that, available in selected countries and for a limited time only, it features the Helix Native plug-in, the UR22C, Cubase Artist and other useful tools ideal for guitar players looking to record their music with studio-grade equipment. Steinberg's Senior Marketing Manager, Stefan Schreiber, had this to say, "Together with Line 6, we've been able to deliver something very special: The Guitar Recording Kit combines first-class components bespoke to the needs of guitar players, allowing them to record their music at home."
Here's the full details direct from Steinberg...
The Guitar Recording Kit provides a complete music recording solution tailored to the needs of guitar player. In cooperation with Line 6, this hardware and software bundle consists of the UR22C USB audio interface, the Line 6 Helix Native guitar plug-in, the latest version of the Cubase Artist music production system, the Cubasis LE sequencer app plus guitar cable and picks.
The Helix Native guitar plug-in by Line 6 features accurate recreations of vintage and modern amplifiers, speaker cabinets, microphones, and effects, as well as extensive signal-routing capabilities.
The UR22C houses two TRS/XLR combo inputs, two TRS outputs, MIDI I/O plus one separate headphone output. The two D-PRE mic preamps provide phantom power for condenser microphones. Other highlights are latency-free hardware monitoring, a sampling rate of up to 192 kHz at a 32-bit resolution. With its high-impedance input, electric guitars connect directly to the UR22C to feed into the Helix Native guitar plug-in.
Cubase Artist is based on the same technologies offered within Steinberg's award-winning advanced music production system, Cubase Pro. Cubase Artist includes virtual instruments plus an array of audio and MIDI tools for recording and production.
Cubasis LE is a multi-touch sequencer app for recording, editing and mixing on iOS handheld devices.
The Guitar Recording Kit also includes a five-meter, textile-coated guitar cable plus five Steinberg-branded guitar picks.
• A complete hardware and software bundle that includes everything you need to start recording and producing your guitar and your music with your computer
• UR22C 2 x 2 USB 3.0 audio interface with 2 D-PRE Class-A mic preamps and 32-bit/192 kHz support, Hi-Z input for direct recording of guitar, MIDI in and out and iOS connectivity
• 2 analog combo inputs (1 Mic/Hi-Z and 1 Mic/Line), 1 separate headphone buses with individual outputs
• Latency-free DSP-powered monitoring with REV-X reverb, Channel Strip and Guitar Amp Classics (VST 3 plug-in version also included)
• Cubase Artist 10.5 music production system with a range of proven editing and sequencing tools based on the same core technologies used and appreciated by musicians around the world
• Award-winning 64-bit floating-point Steinberg audio engine with up to 192 kHz, 5.1 surround, flexible routing and full-automatic delay compensation
• Comprehensive set of 8 outstanding instruments, including HAlion Sonic SE 3, Groove Agent SE 5, Padshop, Retrologue 2 and LoopMash 2
• Helix Native guitar amp suite with highly acclaimed guitar and effects processor in a plug-in format
• 5m guitar cable the perfect base for recording with a guitar and five guitar pics
• Cubasis LE mobile music production application, designed for quick and easy operation and makes recording, editing and mixing with the iPad a breeze
Pricing and Availability:
The Guitar Recording Kit is available from resellers in selected countries for a limited time. Time of availability will vary according to the region. The suggested retail price is 449 euros, including German VAT.