Steinberg has released The Guitar Recording Kit, in collaboration with Line 6. They tell us that, available in selected countries and for a limited time only, it features the Helix Native plug-in, the UR22C, Cubase Artist and other useful tools ideal for guitar players looking to record their music with studio-grade equipment. Steinberg's Senior Marketing Manager, Stefan Schreiber, had this to say, "Together with Line 6, we've been able to deliver something very special: The Guitar Recording Kit combines first-class components bespoke to the needs of guitar players, allowing them to record their music at home."
Here's the full details direct from Steinberg...
The Guitar Recording Kit provides a complete music recording solution tailored to the needs of guitar player. In cooperation with Line 6, this hardware and software bundle consists of the UR22C USB audio interface, the Line 6 Helix Native guitar plug-in, the latest version of the Cubase Artist music production system, the Cubasis LE sequencer app plus guitar cable and picks.
The Helix Native guitar plug-in by Line 6 features accurate recreations of vintage and modern amplifiers, speaker cabinets, microphones, and effects, as well as extensive signal-routing capabilities.
The UR22C houses two TRS/XLR combo inputs, two TRS outputs, MIDI I/O plus one separate headphone output. The two D-PRE mic preamps provide phantom power for condenser microphones. Other highlights are latency-free hardware monitoring, a sampling rate of up to 192 kHz at a 32-bit resolution. With its high-impedance input, electric guitars connect directly to the UR22C to feed into the Helix Native guitar plug-in.
Cubase Artist is based on the same technologies offered within Steinberg's award-winning advanced music production system, Cubase Pro. Cubase Artist includes virtual instruments plus an array of audio and MIDI tools for recording and production.
Cubasis LE is a multi-touch sequencer app for recording, editing and mixing on iOS handheld devices.
The Guitar Recording Kit also includes a five-meter, textile-coated guitar cable plus five Steinberg-branded guitar picks.
• A complete hardware and software bundle that includes everything you need to start recording and producing your guitar and your music with your computer
• UR22C 2 x 2 USB 3.0 audio interface with 2 D-PRE Class-A mic preamps and 32-bit/192 kHz support, Hi-Z input for direct recording of guitar, MIDI in and out and iOS connectivity
• 2 analog combo inputs (1 Mic/Hi-Z and 1 Mic/Line), 1 separate headphone buses with individual outputs
• Latency-free DSP-powered monitoring with REV-X reverb, Channel Strip and Guitar Amp Classics (VST 3 plug-in version also included)
• Cubase Artist 10.5 music production system with a range of proven editing and sequencing tools based on the same core technologies used and appreciated by musicians around the world
• Award-winning 64-bit floating-point Steinberg audio engine with up to 192 kHz, 5.1 surround, flexible routing and full-automatic delay compensation
• Comprehensive set of 8 outstanding instruments, including HAlion Sonic SE 3, Groove Agent SE 5, Padshop, Retrologue 2 and LoopMash 2
• Helix Native guitar amp suite with highly acclaimed guitar and effects processor in a plug-in format
• 5m guitar cable the perfect base for recording with a guitar and five guitar pics
• Cubasis LE mobile music production application, designed for quick and easy operation and makes recording, editing and mixing with the iPad a breeze
Pricing and Availability:
The Guitar Recording Kit is available from resellers in selected countries for a limited time. Time of availability will vary according to the region. The suggested retail price is 449 euros, including German VAT.
The legacy returns
Angry little feller
From recent Brighton gig
And the George Formby grill