Alesis has announced their new Strike Amp 8 powered drum amplifier. They tell us that this latest addition to the Strike Amp Series provides a more compact form factor to the existing Strike Amp 12 while retaining the sonic clarity and punch that drummers demand. Here's more details in their own words...
This high-performance electronic drum amplifier has everything a drummer needs to practice alone or perform with others. Don't be fooled by its small size - the 2000-watt Strike Amp 8 will always play loud and clear, in any space or situation. The heavy-duty 8-inch driver delivers kicks and toms you can feel at your core, while the special high-frequency compression driver serves up the brilliance and snap of your cymbals and snare. The built-in mixer means no-hassle hookup of microphones or other electronic instruments, while the XLR output can be sent to another Strike Amp or recording device to capture your performance. The Strike Amp 8 is a versatile practice tool for the modern electronic drummer.
Strike Amp 8 Key Features:
- 2000 watts of peak power delivers clarity, punch and more than enough headroom for any performance or practice space
- Specially-voiced 8-inch woofer and high frequency compression driver deliver your drum sounds with precise, full response across the entire frequency range without any artificial colouration
- (2) XLR/TRS 1/4-inch combo inputs with independent volume controls and clip indicator
- XLR output to link another Strike Amp or send your performance to another input device
- Lightweight and flexible tilt-back cabinet design that can also be pole-mounted
- Contour EQ switch to control your sound
- Ground-Lift switch eliminates unwanted noise
Pricing and Availability:
The Strike Amp 8 availability is to be confirmed and will ship with an MSRP of £224.99.
White iLoud monitors and a new modelling guitar pedal
CV controlled mixing console and some distinctly dirty effects
7 Acts and the full night of fun
More hardware in the pipeline
Wait is this like a Memorymoog?
Ensembles and solos - coming soon