Affilliate Links help support the site
The new Presonus Atom SQ "MIDI Pad and Performance Production Controller" has been announced and has some new features that push the features one might expect in a MIDI controller.
With Poly AT equipped pads, it also features transport control, touch strip, 8 rotary encoders, cursor controls and 8 assignable buttons.
It comes with with Studio One® Artist and Ableton® Live Lite.
There are DAW integrations - obviously Studio One, but also Ableton integration and general HUI control also.
Available soon priced at €247.
Loopop has a detailed run-down of the features:
- 32 velocity- and pressure-sensitive, RGB LED pads in a unique, staggered layout; intuitive for keyboard players and step sequencer fans
- Context-sensitive screen displays valuable parameter information including CC assignments, swing, and much more
- Eight endless rotary encoders can be easily configured to control nearly any software parameter
- Includes 2 loop packs with custom kits for Impact XT
- Expressive arpeggiator for dramatic, easily-performed melodies
- Includes custom-curated content libraries for ATOM SQ
- Constrain to Scale feature puts an end to wrong notes forever
- USB bus-powered for easy connectivity and maximum portability
Studio One Specific Features
- Automatically detected by Studio One, no setup required
- Deep integration with Studio One's Pattern editor for intuitive step sequencer programming
- Navigate and choose instruments and effects from the Browser
- Change presets on virtual instruments and effects
- Create a new track
- Activate metronome and change song tempo
- Set looping points in timeline
- Navigate the timeline
- Zoom in and out on the timeline or events
- Directly edit MIDI events and also apply Quantization or Humanization commands
- Transport control (stop, play, record)
- Studio One dynamically switches ATOM between Keyboard and Drum modes depending on the selected instrument
- Requires Studio One v5 or later for full integration support
Ableton Live features:
- Use ATOM SQ's Constrain to Scale mode and Arpeggiator to perform live
- Change session Tempo, navigate the timeline, open/close windows, and display which windows are open or closed
- Control track Volume, Panning, send level and Solo/Mute/Arm status
- Select a Device and edit its parameters
- Navigate Clips and Scenes
- Launch or stop Clips and Scenes
- Control Live's crossfader with ATOM SQ's touch strip
- Transport control (stop, play, record) plus "Capture MIDI"
- User Mode for custom assignments
- Requires Ableton Live version 10.1.15 or later for full integration support
More information: https://www.presonus.com/products/ATOM-SQ/features
More From: PRESONUS
Even more news...