The new Presonus Atom SQ "MIDI Pad and Performance Production Controller" has been announced and has some new features that push the features one might expect in a MIDI controller.
With Poly AT equipped pads, it also features transport control, touch strip, 8 rotary encoders, cursor controls and 8 assignable buttons.
It comes with with Studio One® Artist and Ableton® Live Lite.
There are DAW integrations - obviously Studio One, but also Ableton integration and general HUI control also.
Available soon priced at €247.
Loopop has a detailed run-down of the features:
- 32 velocity- and pressure-sensitive, RGB LED pads in a unique, staggered layout; intuitive for keyboard players and step sequencer fans
- Context-sensitive screen displays valuable parameter information including CC assignments, swing, and much more
- Eight endless rotary encoders can be easily configured to control nearly any software parameter
- Includes 2 loop packs with custom kits for Impact XT
- Expressive arpeggiator for dramatic, easily-performed melodies
- Includes custom-curated content libraries for ATOM SQ
- Constrain to Scale feature puts an end to wrong notes forever
- USB bus-powered for easy connectivity and maximum portability
Studio One Specific Features
- Automatically detected by Studio One, no setup required
- Deep integration with Studio One's Pattern editor for intuitive step sequencer programming
- Navigate and choose instruments and effects from the Browser
- Change presets on virtual instruments and effects
- Create a new track
- Activate metronome and change song tempo
- Set looping points in timeline
- Navigate the timeline
- Zoom in and out on the timeline or events
- Directly edit MIDI events and also apply Quantization or Humanization commands
- Transport control (stop, play, record)
- Studio One dynamically switches ATOM between Keyboard and Drum modes depending on the selected instrument
- Requires Studio One v5 or later for full integration support
Ableton Live features:
- Use ATOM SQ's Constrain to Scale mode and Arpeggiator to perform live
- Change session Tempo, navigate the timeline, open/close windows, and display which windows are open or closed
- Control track Volume, Panning, send level and Solo/Mute/Arm status
- Select a Device and edit its parameters
- Navigate Clips and Scenes
- Launch or stop Clips and Scenes
- Control Live's crossfader with ATOM SQ's touch strip
- Transport control (stop, play, record) plus "Capture MIDI"
- User Mode for custom assignments
- Requires Ableton Live version 10.1.15 or later for full integration support
More information: https://www.presonus.com/products/ATOM-SQ/features
More From: PRESONUS
Even more news...