Output has released THERMAL, which they describe as an interactive distortion plugin.
A spokesperson told us, "Finally, it's the software distortion we've been waiting for. No silly graphics, no fake hardware effects, no blunt-instrument processing. Thermal is distortion as actual sound design tool. Psycho killer, c'est précis."
Here's more details direct from Output...
THERMAL goes far beyond traditional multi-band distortions. The XY control is highly interactive, providing an easy interface to enhance harmonics by tapping into its layered engines, each with analog and digital distortion algorithms, effects, modulation, and imaging.
- 250+ Presets.
- Circular XY Control linked to distortion parameters.
- Multi-stage distortion and effects processing.
- Mid-Side and time-based width.
- 15+ custom distortion types.
- 9 built-in FX with additional master compressor and filter.
- Value readout panel for better understanding of controls.
- Favoriting feature in presets menu.
- Built-in tooltips on Advanced page.
Pricing and Availability:
White iLoud monitors and a new modelling guitar pedal
CV controlled mixing console and some distinctly dirty effects
Audio interface too
Ensembles and solos - coming soon
Flagship Wavetable synthesizer
Big Nektarine update too