Universal Audio has release UAD Software v9.12, featuring the Neve 1084 Preamp & EQ plug-in, which they describe as a precise emulation of the coveted British channel module that combines top-shelf Neve sound with extended EQ and Unison preamp integration with Apollo interfaces.
Mark Crabtree, the founder of AMS Neve told us, "We are excited for the next chapter in our 15 year partnership with Universal Audio. The 1084 holds a special place in the imagination of engineers and producers, and we are thrilled for its introduction to the UAD platform."
Here's more details direct from UA...
The Neve 1084 channel amplifier and EQ is the engine powering a handful of sought-after Neve 80 series consoles. Introduced on the heels of the coveted Neve 1073, this rare "upsell" module features the same class-A mic/line preamp as the 1073 with the addition of three switchable EQ bands and narrow or wide Q settings.
Fully endorsed by AMS Neve, and available exclusively for UAD hardware and UA Audio Interfaces, the Neve 1084 Preamp & EQ plug-in captures the luxurious analog character and extended EQ colors of the quintessential British channel module.
Neve 1084TM Preamp & EQ -- Key Features:
- Authentic plug-in emulation of classic Neve 1084 channel amplifier and EQ
- Versatile EQ options for use on vocals, drums, synths, guitars, and more
- Classic Neve tone -- includes all 13 clipping points from the vintage 70's-era hardware
- Extended EQ -- inject "air" or notch out frequencies with EQ filters beyond the 1073
- Faithful class-A preamp character of the original hardware
- Dual-stage mic preamp with Unison technology
- Mix with artist presets from Darrell Thorp, Jimmy Douglass, Joe Chiccarelli, and more
Pricing and Availability:
Neve 1084 Preamp & EQ: $299
White iLoud monitors and a new modelling guitar pedal
CV controlled mixing console and some distinctly dirty effects
80s inspired multi-fx pedal
Small, yet surprisingly good.
Zen-Core engine, cloud hookup
With a mesmerising display