MPC 2.8's MIDI Multi capability makes MPC the sequencing centrepiece for all your MIDI gear 05/05/20
Akai Professional has announced MPC 2.8, its latest update to the MPC hardware / software ecosystem. Dan Gill, Senior Product Manager for Akai Professional, told us, "With every iteration of MPC Software, we redefine any preconceptions of what a standalone production ecosystem should be. MPC 2.8 takes MPCs legendary workflow to the next level. MPC isn't just another addition to your studio, it's your creative core – whether you're seeking to switch up your workflow or delve into a world of unrestricted standalone creative exploration, MPC is one solution that can't be overlooked!"
Here's more details direct from Akai...
MPC's evolution simply can't be ignored - first it was synth engines, then a pro suite of mixing and mastering FX from DSP gurus AIR Music Technology, shortly followed by Wi-Fi enabled Ableton Live and Splice integration, plus significant automation enhancements. Now, MPC 2.8, introduces MIDI Multi capability, seamlessly transforming MPC X, MPC Live and MPC One into the ultimate MIDI sequencing studio centerpiece.
MIDI Multi Capability
With MPC 2.8, users can simultaneously connect and route all the MIDI gear in their studio including class compliant USB Keyboards, MIDI interfaces and USB to CV modules, supercharging MPC's I/O capability. Fuse this with deep internal MIDI routing capability across tracks, comprehensive MIDI routing to any MIDI compatible synthesizer, drum machine or sound module, plus multitrack recording capability, and MPC forms the beating heart of any production setup.
Other notable enhancements in MPC 2.8 include
• Timing Correct (TC) has now been tweaked to have a dedicated On/Off setting that is separate to the TC division parameter.
• From the standalone MPC firmware you can now create a custom note mapping for any program type.
• Retrospective Record – MPC now captures MIDI events in the background so users never miss any fleeting creative spark.
• Q-Link Overlay – On an MPC Live or MPC One, when a capacitive touch Q-Link is touched, clear visual feedback of the parameter being controlled and its value is relayed on the touch user interface.
• Plus many more workflow enhancements including custom Pad Perform chord progressions and quick-tap Track selection
Pricing and Availability:
MPC 2.8 will be available on May 14th, 10am EST, as a free software and firmware download for all MPC 2x Desktop, MPC Live, MPC X and MPC One users.
MPC Software v2.8 is available as a $99.99 upgrade for existing V1 MPC Software users or $199.99 for new purchasers, with rent to own options over 10 installments available.