1010music has announced bitbox micro – a smaller 18 HP version of its bitbox Eurorack sampler. This is what they have to say about it...
Trigger samples using 8 pads on the 2” touch screen, 8 CV/Gate inputs or via MIDI controllers to access the powerful, multi-mode bitbox sample playback engine. Easily load a folder of samples to play as a traditional MIDI sampler instrument in Sample Mode or play samples as BPM synchronized loops in Clip Mode. Slicer Mode lets you trigger sample slices on-the-fly for new creative rhythms, while Granular Mode breaks down samples into a group of small wavetables to deliver infinite sonic possibilities from a single sample. The bitbox micro design also allows streaming up to 8 large samples of up to 4 GB file size straight from the microSD card. Play entire song tracks complete with beat-slicing for playback at variable tempos with CV/MIDI control, all with high-quality, 24-bit stereo sample recording/playback.
New bitbox micro lets those with smaller Eurorack cases add acclaimed bitbox sampling capabilities without eating up rack space or their wallets.
small + mighty + creative = bitbox micro
- Play samples with up to 24 notes of polyphony from 64 MB of internal memory or stream 8 tracks of stereo, 24-bit samples (up to 4G each) from microSD, supporting up to 256GB
- Multiple clip Launch Modes, including One-Shot, Toggle and Gate
- Create and instantly recall Presets and use 8 touch screen pads to play one-shot samples, loops or multi-sampled instruments with complete control of sample slice playback, granular processing, and modulation
- Import bitbox micro Presets directly into Ableton Live as a 4x4 bank of samples complete with sample slice parameters
- Trigger samples via 2” touch screen, 8 CV/Gate inputs, or MIDI input
- Use MIDI for polyphonic playback of samples or slices
- Import or export WAV files with your Mac or PC using a microSD card (included)
- Free sample library including beats and other samples by producer Jason Donnelly (DJ Puzzle), Soundopolis and SympleSound
- 24-bit/48kHz stereo input for high quality recordings, with stereo output and two mono effects sends
- Stereo or mono recording with the option to synchronize start/stop times to clock inputs with a maximum recording time of up to 4 hours.
- Playback can be immediate or synchronized to analog or MIDI clock to allow BPM sync and start/stop quantization to note values (measure, 1/4, 1/8, etc.)
- Control of sample parameters, including start position, length, gain, loop mode, launch quantization, grain size, grain spread, grain count
- Tweak synth playback parameters including pitch, gain, filter, pitch, modulation and ADSR envelope controls plus MIDI note and channel mapping with control mapping
- Supports hundreds of User Presets
- Accepts TRS MIDI Type A and Type B input compatible with Arturia and other MIDI controllers
- 18 HP Eurorack compatible 400mA on +12V
bitbox itself is now in a mk2 version which features twice the processing power over the original and increases sampler polyphony to 24 voices, adds a new Granular Mode and more. 1010 music says that the new IPS touchscreen stays crisp when viewed from all angles to make selecting, editing, triggering and tweaking samples easy.
Pricing and Availability:
bitbox micro is $399.95 and can be purchased direct from 1010music starting the first week of June 2020 or through their network of dealers.
bitbox mk2 can be purchased for $599.95 direct from 1010music starting the first week of June 2020 or through their network of dealers.