Previously seen as an iPad app, Patterning for iPhone has been released. Its developers, Olympia Noise Co., describe it as a circular drum machine. Here’s the details in their own words…
As beautiful as it is powerful, Patterning is a deep and flexible drum machine unlike any you’ve encountered before. With its elegant circular interface, Patterning transforms your phone into a seriously inspiring tool for making beats.
Create dynamic drum patterns with the swipe of a finger. Make evolving, poly-metric rhythms, four-on-the-floor dance party jams, or laid back R&B grooves. Use Patterning’s independent loop settings to explore untapped rhythmic possibilities. Automate parameters to create intricate & complex beats. Record beats. Choose from hundreds of free factory and user created drum kits. Connect to your rig with Inter-App Audio, MIDI, and Ableton Link. Export your beats to perfect audio loops or directly to an Ableton Live Set.
Patterning for iPhone gives you access to the most popular and useful features of Patterning 2 for on-the-go beat making. Free to download, full saving and export features available via In App Purchase.
- 8 Independent Loops Per Pattern
- Unlimited Patterns
- Automation Layers like Coarse Tune, Ratcheting, and more.
- MIDI Output
- Export to Ableton Live Set - Comes with Ableton Live 10 Lite
- Export Perfect Audio Loops in WAV or AIFF format, Stereo or Multitrack Output
- Export Songs to Patterning 2
- Import Songs and Drumkits from Patterning 2 (some limitations apply)
- Ableton Link
- MIDI Clock Send and Receive
- Inter-App Audio Clock
- Multi-track Inter-App Audio Output
- Hundreds of free factory and user created drum kits
- Quantize Pattern Launch
- Haptic Feedback
Pricing and Availability:
Patterning for iPhone is free to download on the App Store