RØDE Microphones has introduced the NT-USB Mini, which they describe as a sleek, compact USB microphone that offers studio-quality recording direct to a computer or tablet. A spokesperson told us, "Designed to deliver crystal-clear, professional sound in a powerful yet easy-to-use package, the it’s the perfect microphone for gamers, podcasters, musicians, streamers, business professionals, and more."
Here's the details in RØDE's own words...
The NT-USB Mini serves up the pristine sound quality of RØDE’s world-renowned studio mics in a compact, easy-to-use USB microphone. Featuring a high-quality condenser capsule with RF shielding and excellent capsule isolation, it delivers professional sounding audio in any application, from recording vocals and instruments, to podcasting and voiceovers, to gaming and live streaming. An inbuilt pop filter reduces plosives and its pickup pattern has been optimised to reduce extraneous noise like room reverberation, air conditioning and traffic, and focus on what’s in front of it. Studio-quality sound without the need for a studio.
The NT-USB Mini is also incredibly simple to use. It features a class-compliant USB output for direct recording to a computer or tablet – no drivers or software needed, and no external power required to operate, just plug in and hit record. It works seamlessly with any recording software or streaming app.
The NT-USB Mini features a studio-grade headphone amplifier and a high-quality 3.5mm headphone output, complete with precision volume control, allowing you to easily monitor your audio. There is also a switchable zero-latency monitoring mode for eliminating distracting echo when tracking vocals or recording instruments.
The NT-USB Mini has been designed to be as flexible as the modern content creator needs to be. Its unique magnetic desk stand provides a sturdy base for reducing noise from knocks and bumps and is easily removable, allowing the mic to be quickly detached and placed on a studio arm or mic stand. This and the integrated 360-degree swing mount means you can position the mic upright, on an angle, sideways or upside down – wherever it needs to be to get the best recording possible.
At just 89mm wide and 141mm tall, the NT-USB Mini is very compact, taking up only a fraction of precious desktop real estate. It also looks fantastic. Sleek and stylish, with clean lines and a modern aesthetic, it’s the perfect addition to any setup.
Hard-wearing steel and reinforced nylon resin construction ensure the NT-USB Mini is ready to take on the rigours of recording anywhere and everywhere. It is made from the highest quality components in RØDE’s precision manufacturing facilities in Sydney, Australia.
Whether you’re singing in the studio, podcasting on the road, or streaming from your bedroom, the NT-USB Mini will make sure you’re heard in full definition.
- High-quality condenser capsule – delivers warmth and presence for a clear, professional sound.
- Directional cardioid pickup pattern – optimised to reduce room sound and other extraneous noise, focusing on the subject in front of it.
- Smooth frequency response – sounds incredible in a wide variety of applications.
- In-built pop filter for reducing plosives.
- Unique detachable magnetic desk stand – sturdy base mitigates knocks and bumps, easy to remove.
- Integrated 360-degree swing mount for quick and easy positioning on a desktop, mic stand, or studio arm.
- Class-compliant USB output – works seamlessly with computers and tablets, simple to use – just plug in and hit record.
- Studio-grade headphone amplifier with precision level control and switchable zero-latency monitoring for eliminating distracting echo.
- Sleek and compact – steel and reinforced nylon resin construction, stylish matte black finish and compact design.
Pricing and Availability:
Hold on, there's more
Complex multi-delay FX plug-in
Nifty inline doo dahs
Melbourne Instruments launch