zplane.development, creators of pitch and time algorithms which are used by many top audio brands, has announced deCoda. Its something that musicians who often have short turnaround times to learn songs and structures for the rehearsal tomorrow, or indeed the beginner who just wants to figure out how to play a song. Their tech can disassemble a stereo master giving you the tempo, key and chords used against a timeline of an arrangement. That's it, simple but probably pretty useful.
Picking apart and learning a new song is a time-consuming and sometimes difficult process for any musician. Now zplane has combined numerous audio technologies within deCoda to make it easier and quicker to learn and practice new material. deCoda is software designed to help both new and established musicians with learning and practising passages of music.
Using simple drag and drop functionality, deCoda will automatically recognize and map the chords, song structure and tempo. The user can then play through sections at variable tempos starting off slowly and building up speed as proficiency increases. The musical key can also be instantly transposed, pitch changed in both directions by up to an octave and a focus EQ tool can isolate parts of the audio spectrum based on the frequency and panning information.
deCoda Features At A Glance
- Advanced chord and tempo detection algorithms
- Flexible looping options
- Automatic song structure detection - Part A, B C, A2, B2 etc.
- Available on Mac & Windows
- GUI designed with a touchscreen in mind
- Instantly transpose to a chosen key
- Change tempo whilst maintaining the pitch
- Focus EQ for isolating parts of the track
- Melody information displayed on a piano roll
- Exportable MIDI
- One off low price for a perpetual license
Why Choose deCoda?
- deCoda is simple to use - a very fast learning curve means you can use it in minutes.
- Automatic song structure - deCoda works out where verses, choruses and other song elements are also lets you customise them.
- Modify time and pitch - You can change the key and speed up or slow down any song to help you learn it faster or in a key that suits you.
- Metronome helps you stay in time as you learn the music.
- Pianoroll to help identify melody lines or other parts of the song such as a bass line.
- Navigate like a pro - Use arrow keys or touch on windows to move around a song fast - no need to worry about using a mouse when playing your instrument.
- Focus in on song elements - The focus tool can help to remove other song elements in the audio spectrum so you can hear the part you are trying to learn better and with a simple flip you can use it as a backing track.
- Share your project with other users such as students or members of your band.
- Export MIDI and use it in other DAWs.
- One low priced payment meaning no ongoing subscription to worry about
Testimonials From Top Professionals
"deCoda is everything I’ve wanted in a transcription tool as a guitarist. I can use simple keystrokes to navigate the parts of the song. Easily transpose, speed up or slow down the song. And the visual eq feature is great for zeroing in on parts! I highly recommend.”
Brent Paschke - Pharrell Williams, Katy Perry, Britney Spears, Chris Brown
“In a world filled with amazing software, nothing really surprises me anymore. zplane’s DeCode is an exception and a seriously clever piece of software.”
Pete Boxsta Martin - James Arthur, Tokio Myers, Jesse J
OS: Mac OS min 10.7, Windows min. 7 x86/x64 Audio: CoreAudio, Windows Audio, DirectX, ASIO Video: min 1366x768 resolution
CPU: Min 1.5Ghz
Supported AudioFormats: wav, aiff, mp3, wma, flac, ogg
Pricing and Availability:
On offer at €29 until end of January 2020 (SRP €49.00)
More From: ZPLANE
A quick demo using mpe to control Deckards Dream
Presonus extend the Quantum range, release new Studiolive ARc Range and new ioStation
AXR4U offers an alternative to the AXR4T Thunderbolt interface