Skylife has released SampleRobot 6.5 Pro with support for Sequential Prophet-X, Bitwig Studio and Synthstrom deluge. Here’s their press release with the full details…
The comprehensive SampleRobot version 6.5 update is now available. SampleRobot optimizes the audio sampling process and works hand-in-hand with a lot of software and hardware instruments already. For the new upgrade Skylife expanded the export capabilities even further. Here come three new supported formats and the possibility to sample plugins in high speed via offline bouncing.
Supporting hardware samplers was a high priority already from the beginning of the SampleRobot development over a decade ago. Musicians love their wonderful instruments, so we do at Skylife. With the introduction of Sequential’s Prophet-X it became clear that SampleRobot would be a useful companion to create large custom sample sets for the instrument. With the remarkable support of Sequential and users in the PX community Skylife was able to implement the Prophet-X export in SampleRobot 6.5 Pro. Just browse your PX’s flash drive and create custom sound libraries in minutes. SampleRobot works inside the sample structure of the Prophet-X. The user can export the desired sample sets and then import a whole bank into the Prophet-X in one go. With SampleRobot’s downsampling option you can keep your original recording quality in the project and export the optimized samples for your hardware.
Wouldn’t it be a good idea to use your multisamples in Bitwig’s sampler? Don’t care about mapping, looping and truncating. It’s all done with SampleRobot’s Bitwig Studio export. In SampleRobot 6.5 Pro there are even the standard Bitwig property tags to categorize your multisamples. This way you can build up your personal sample library and quickly browse and load new instruments in Bitwig Studio. Skylife received full support from Berlin-based Bitwig company which made the documentation public to include this feature in SampleRobot Pro.
This little synth/sampler/drum machine/fx box/sequencer has a lot of interesting features to offer including the import of multisamples which are read from an SD card. Building a connecting bridge from SampleRobot to the deluge has been achieved in this update as well. From now on users can bypass the time-consuming browsing and adding of samples via the 4-digit display on the deluge. During the SampleRobot export all necessary data is created in the right directories on the deluge’s SD card to allow instant access to your favorite sample sets. Turning the dedicated knob on the deluge will browse the created sample instruments directly.
VST2 sampling with offline bouncing
The sampling process can eat a lot of time when it comes to creating high quality sample libraries. When recording acoustic instruments you have to record each note as long as it takes to capture it properly. But for virtual instruments there is a trick that Skylife used in SampleRobot 6.5 Pro to dramatically shorten the sampling time. With the new offline bouncing option the rendering of the samples in the included VST2 host is done with full processor speed. This means that users will save up to 80% time compared to previous versions. If you are heading for quality samples using your custom plugin sounds as a source there is no reason to make compromises any more because of the sampling time.
Benefits of SampleRobot (abiding by relevant copyright laws and license agreements)
- Build your own sample instruments easily.
- Create digital copies of your favorite instruments and sounds fast.
- Turn virtual instruments and complex sound layers into CPU-lightweight multi-samples via the integrated plugin host.
- Play in other studios or on stage without carrying additional keyboards / sound expanders.
- Perform laptop-based sounds on stage without laptop by using a hardware sample player.
- Shape optimum loops for loop-based arrangements.
- Build and sell/share your own sample libraries.
- Have all your sound hardware on your hard disk and travel with your laptop.
- Buy used gear and resell it after the automatic sampling procedure.
- Use all your software instruments cross-platform and independently from specific operation systems.
- Play monophonic instruments polyphonically.
- Have total recall and editing capabilities for all instruments in every session.
- Fast sampling process.
- Fully automated workflow.
- Sample export in many formats, hardware and software.
- Intuitive project assistant.
- Sophisticated autoloop processing, transient recognition and sample editing.
- Many loop and crossfade types including autogain crossfades.
- Premium multisamples taken from classic synthesizers included.
Mac OS 10.12. and higher, Windows 10 / 8 / 7.
Pricing and Availability:
Available now as download from the Skylife Store.
Free upgrade for all users of version 6.
SampleRobot Pro: 249 €
SampleRobot Multi-X: 169 €
SampleRobot Korg+Wave: 79 €
More From: SKYLIFE
A quick demo using mpe to control Deckards Dream
Presonus extend the Quantum range, release new Studiolive ARc Range and new ioStation
AXR4U offers an alternative to the AXR4T Thunderbolt interface