WMD has announced the official release of their newest module - VOLTERA. This is what they have to say about it…
VOLTERA is a voltage expander module for the METRON trigger and gate sequencer that adds 4 bipolar voltage tracks in 4hp. Up to 16 Volteras can be added to a single Metron, giving you up to 64 CV sequencing tracks for your Eurorack modular system!
With independent voltage ranges and quantize settings per track, Voltera allows for real time control over 4 different parameters at once, allowing you to cater that track to the parameter you are sequencing.
Sequence melodies, modulate parameters, and more with ease by adding Voltera to your METRON sequencer set up.
Ahead of customers receiving their Volteras, we have gone ahead and released a playlist of 5 new videos on Youtube. These videos are to show off the features, functions, and workflow of the Metron and Voltera sequencing ecosystem. People with pre-orders can learn how to use the module before it arrives and the Metron/Voltera curious can look a little deeper and see how the modules will fit within their unique workflow. Many more videos to come!
ICYMI: METRON is a 16 channel trigger and gate sequencer for Eurorack Modular Synthesizers with powerful features aimed at live performance and real-time control. Our unique “lookahead sequencing” paradigm lets users create new sequences on-the-fly before they happen. Create “B sections” or breakdowns in an improvised manner easily with METRON. Voltera opens METRON up to a whole new level of power by adding control voltage outputs. It takes advantage of METRON’s incredibly intuitive user interface to program the control voltage. Simply connecting the two modules on the rear PCB with a ribbon cable lets them function in perfect harmony.
A new firmware update for Metron V1.3, will be uploaded Monday 11/25/19. Users will need to download this Firmware update before connecting Volteras to their systems. All Metron users are encouraged to download the firmware update as well. It will fix a couple minor bugs and add some features, plus make your Metron “Voltera Ready”.
- 4 independent voltage tracks per Voltera.
- Add up to 16 Volteras to one Metron for up to 64 CV tracks.
- Lookahead sequencing of CV and Pitches - Program new sections on the fly!
- Independent Voltage Ranges per track.
- 12 tone quantization and User Scale quantization settings per track.
- Max Pattern Length of 256 steps.
- Different Pattern Lengths per Voltera Track.
- New “Compose Scene” feature for easy recall of common voltages across all Volteras
- Saves with Metron sessions - Save and Load 8 banks of 64 sessions
- Intuitive sequencing workflow via Metron’s UI.
Pricing and Availability: