AudioSwift, the app that lets use a trackpad as MIDI controller, has been updated to version 2.1. This update includes new features like MIDI Polyphonic Expression (MPE) support, making the trackpad a compact multidimensional controller. Here’s the details in AudioSwift’s own words…
AudioSwift for macOS is an app that lets use a trackpad as a MIDI controller. Designed for music producers, composers and sound designers, with AudioSwift control DAWs and virtual instruments by just using simple gestures over a trackpad.
This is how it works—call AudioSwift with four or five fingers tap. A console window appears on screen taking control of the mouse pointer and keyboard. Start touching the trackpad to control a parameter or play notes, and when you finish hit the escape key to turn AudioSwift off.
Switch between controllers by pressing keyboard shortcuts or by using the Touch Bar in compatible MacBooks. Trackpads with Force Touch support can send after touch MIDI messages. AudioSwift can also be used to edit photos faster in Adobe Lightroom with a third-party plugin.
AudioSwift comes in five controller modes:
- Trigger—tap the trackpad to make beats, trigger chords and play melodies with MIDI Polyphonic Expression (MPE).
- Slider—divides the trackpad into 4 virtual sliders that send either control change or pitch bend MIDI messages.
- XY—control multiple parameters at the same time using one, two or three fingers.
- Mixer—designed to speed up the mixing workflow, control two faders at the same time, panning, sends, use the trackpad as a jog wheel and write automation.
- Scale—play notes in a chosen key.
What’s new in AudioSwift 2.1?
This version introduces a new design of the Trigger Mode with MIDI Polyphonic Expression (MPE) support for multidimensional control of many parameters, within MPE compatible software. The trackpad becomes an ultra-compact MPE controller for music production and sound design.
Users in Trigger Mode can play quick melodies in a chosen key with polyphonic expression. Horizontal and vertical movements send pitch bend and control change messages per MIDI note. This version adds a new type called Chords that lets trigger a pad and play a chord, helping the user generate chord progressions easily.
- MPE support in Trigger Mode.
- New type Chords in Trigger Mode.
- Option to set scales and Chords in Trigger Mode.
- Adds labels in Trigger Mode.
- Adds 8, 15, 16 and 20 pads configurations in Trigger Mode.
- Divides the pads in banks. Up to 180 configurable pads.
- Option to copy, paste and reset pads and banks.
- CC values are shown in real time on the Console in XY and Slider Modes.
- Option to invert CC values in XY and Slider Modes.
- Adds two more options to turn off AudioSwift automatically.
- Adds new keyboard shortcuts.
- Adds automation modes.
- Updated to Swift 5 and macOS 10.14 SDK with dark mode support.
- Notarized and ready for macOS 10.15 Catalina.
Pricing and Availability:
AudioSwift version 2.1 is a free update for existing users. The regular price is $24 and it’s 30% off with coupon code GOLDENFROG30 until October 31, 2019.
Users weren't pleased, they respond
More Feedback Machine is insane
Digital heart, analogue filters
Multi channel control, pads, keys, knobs and CV