RØDE Microphones tells us that the next major firmware update for the RØDECaster Pro is here. They say that firmware version 2.0 introduces over 25 powerful features to the RØDECaster Pro. Here’s the story in their own words…
Version 2.0 follows on from updates earlier in the year, which introduced multitrack recording to the RØDECaster Pro amongst other handy features. Consolidating months of user feedback and testing, the new firmware will make it even easier for users to create incredible sounding podcasts.
RØDECASTER PRO FIRMWARE VERSION 2.0 KEY FEATURES:
- Saving ‘Shows’ and Settings: Users can now save and load ‘Shows’ via the RØDECaster companion app, which is essentially a snapshot of all sounds and settings. Settings can also be saved on their own.
- Podcast Transfer Mode: Allows users to transfer podcasts from their on-board microSD™ card to a computer directly from the RØDECaster Pro.
- New Sound Pad Functionality: The sound pads have been supercharged! New features include a sound pad indicator on the home screen that tells users which pad is playing and how long until it finishes, easier access to the sound pad configuration screen, more on-board control, and a new “Pause” playback mode. On top of this, users can now save a massive eight banks of sounds to their RØDECaster Pro (64 in total)!
- New-Broadcast Ready Features: Users can now access a number of features often found in professional broadcast consoles, such as pre-fade listen mode to preview a channel before it is faded in, the ability for the ‘host’ to chat with callers on the Bluetooth, Smartphone and USB channels “off-air”, and the option to automatically mute the monitor outputs when faders are open to prevent feedback.
- Real-Time Connectivity: The RØDECaster Pro and companion app now communicate in real-time! This means that any changes made in the app will be reflected on the RØDECaster Pro immediately and vice versa.
- Powerful New Sound Engine: The RØDECaster Pro’s audio processing engine has been tweaked to make recordings sound cleaner, clearer and more sparkly.
For a more in-depth rundown of the new features introduced in the firmware, head to the RØDE blog.
More From: RODE