In Session Audio tells us that Riff Generation: Outside In Edition can create riffs of an acoustic and synthetic nature through a generative process. Here's their full description...
Based around a set of musical parameters that you control, Riff Generation: Outside In Edition creates exciting, complex and surprising combinations of melody, rhythm and sound design with the press of a button.
With an engine powered by Native Instruments' Kontakt Player platform, every riff adapts to the user's tempo, key, scale and currently played note.
Why is it called “Outside In Edition”?
The name “Outside In” means that all the sounds originate from outside of a computer with 74 of the 234 samples sets being acoustic and electric instruments.
There are vibraphones, xylophones, tongue drums, acoustic and electric guitars, pedal steel, bass, hammered dulcimer, cello, chimes, bells, music boxes, pianos and a variety of other interesting instruments.
The remaining 160 sample sets originate wholly from hardware synths and effects, with no overlap of material between either version of Riff Generation.
Imagine combining a cello, a warm analog synth, a nylon-stringed guitar, a glassy FM synth and a delayed palm-muted electric into the same riff – easily. Riff Generation: Outside In Edition does this.
Features & Specifications
- Create programmatic detail quickly and easily - riffs that would be extremely difficult to create in any other way (much less be able to modify easily)
- Riff Generation: Outside In Edition contains 74 “real instrument” sample sets and 160 custom made synth sets. Up to five sets can be loaded at the same time, directly from the interface.
- Riff Generation: Outside In Edition contains 235 patches. Patches utilize Kontakt’s “Snapshot” system, allowing any patch to be loaded directly from the interface.
- Sixty patches are Generation Templates: prepared starting points for users to generate their own riffs. These are categorized by type: Bass, Distorted, Guitar, Mellow, Natural, Pulse and Synth.
- Comprehensive effects section includes: filters, distortions, chorus, flanger, phaser, EQ, delays (five types) and reverbs.
- Convolution reverb contains 38 custom impulse responses
- NKS ready. Allows for seamless interaction with Native Instruments’ Komplete Kontrol and Maschine hardware.
- Total content size is approximately 6 GB pre-compression. The installed library size is approximately 3.6 GB with 5,861 samples.
Pricing and Availability:
Riff Generation: Outside In Edition is on sale now for $149.99 until Monday, September 2 (MSRP $249.99)