Devious Machines tell us that hey have released a new effects plug-in, Duck, in VST/AU/AAX formats. They say that it's an instant sidechain pumping effect, and it also includes rhythmizing, trance gating and tremolo effects.
A spokesperson told us, “Duck goes further than some other amplitude modulation and ducking plugins by allowing a separate depth for low/high bands.”
Here’s more details in Devious Machines’ own words…
Get essential sidechain pumping, trance gating, tremolo, and many more creative effects with Duck, the creative volume LFO by Devious Machines.
Duck’s draw-your-own curve window makes it easy to design a custom volume shape that repeats at a speed and depth of your choice. For more control, you can pump low and highfrequencies at different depths , with an adjustable crossover to tune the two bands. Duck can also be triggered with audio from a sidechain input or by MIDI notes, making it respond to irregular rhythms or custom signals.
Why You Need Duck
- Instant sidechain pumping as soon as you load the plugin
- Cleaner, louder and more exciting mixes
- Choose from 8 quick preset curves or 72 creative and useful Duck patches
- Draw your own curves and rhythms to use now, or save them later
- Set the overall pump, or apply to low and high bands with adjustable crossover
- Run Duck in Repeat mode, or trigger with sidechained audio or MIDI signals
- Smoothing control to remove clicks: including super-accurate pre-smoothing algorithm
- when in LFO mode
- Run on individual tracks, groups or your master bus for different pump effects
- Low CPU usage means you can run Duck on loads of tracks
- Mac and Windows: VST2/VST3/AU/AAX plugin
Zooming in on Duck
- The Curve Editor lets you draw your own shapes by setting nodes and defining curves between them. You can snap nodes to Duck’s grid by holding Shift, and you can right click a volume curve to set Exponential, Smooth or S-Shape curve types. Set a grid size from the menu.
- The Amount Control sets the depth of Duck’s effect. Set it to full for maximum pump, or reduce it for a more subtle effect.
- Quick Access Curve Shapes: Select from eight quick access curve shapes, replace them with your own favourites using the Save Curve Shape command in the menu.
- Low and High Band controls help you adjust how much pump is given to low and to high parts of your incoming signal. You can set the point that these bands meet using the Crossover dial.
- Smoothing helps remove clicks from sudden transitions which can otherwise be especially noticeable on bass sounds. Running Duck in Repeat mode gives you an even better smoothing algorithm.
- LFO Trigger: Duck’s default mode plays back at the same speed as your host project, keeping your ducking perfectly in line with your track.
- MIDI Trigger single cycle playbacks using MIDI notes from another channel in your DAW (set the Trigger Mode to MIDI) or using a sidechain audio signal (set the Trigger Mode to Audio).
- Sidechain Audio Trigger: can be adjusted with Trigger Level, sidechain filter, Hysteresis and Hold-off parameters.
Pricing and Availability:
Introductory discount price £18 / $24 (Regular price: £20 / $27)